Y&R: Short promo promoting actress joining the show

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

More promos???? Did they have to fire Tristan Rogers to pay for those?

I hope they pay off for them as well as there last ones did for Gene Francis. Why do they do everything they can to get new viewers and nothing to keep their current ones?

TPTB treat there faithful longtime audience as well as their faithful longtime cast.....like CRAP!!!! Viewers who follow for their favorite cast members/characters can hardly stomach their own show and they think they are going to get new viewers to stick? I don't think so.,,,,,especially AMC viewers.

The AMC female and male characters are more realistic to gender roles in real life (for a soap), the males on Y&R have become similar to cavemen you would see in cartoons. It's going to be culture shock, the land of Erica Cane is nothing like Hogan's Sheffer's kingdom of testosterone ruled by Victor Newman, they are two different worlds. Any new viewers they gain won't last long.

• Members

CBS will hype Debbi but not as much as Genie. That's probably a good thing, as the Genie hype was pretty stupid when they clearly had no story plans for her.

I do like the promo. It's very memorable and a person who wasn't watching might at least want to hear the tune playing. It's a lot better than that thing where poor Genie seemed to think she was in the Runaways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOFWEMTUktQ

• Members

The worst part of the whole thing is if she has to be a part of That Black Storyline, as MAB would say. Two years later and I still can't believe the Tyra/Devon story was ever created. I hope they put her in a lot of scenes with Jeanne Cooper instead. She might make Stephen Nichols seem conscious.

Archived