Y&R: Short promo promoting actress joining the show

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Brave of them to push the NAACP award winning when KSJ sits on the sidelines after being nom'd year after year.

Not to mention how they treated the emmy award winning Maura West.

The only awards that matter to those IIC are MS' and EB's.

• Members

Well I could say that about over half the cast(Kristoff, Bryant, Tricia Cast, Doug, Jess - ok I could be here keying in names all day. They deserve EB, MM, MS. BM the only actors they seem to love.

And I will never get that they almost seemed to punish Kristoff for having the gall to win an emmy.

And I think DM looks beautiful but I hate the promo. Why ,must Y&R try to be edgy or hip and not stick with "classic" type Y&R promos.

• Members

I keep wondering how anyone no matter how bad the writing could actually suck the charisma out of Stephen Nichols. This is a man who has oozed presence, charisma, and yes sex appeal for years even with the crappy writing he had at Days last go around. I don;t even know if Debbie Morgan can fix that.

• Members

I don't know if that's better, when he's conscious it's because he's angry and when he's angry he shouts. If DM is Yolanda I'm sure Tucker's going to be pissed at her for keeping 'his" son from him all these years. I've seen Tucker yell into Sofia, Kay, Jill, and Abby's face so far and it's nauseating. If he goes after DM in the same manner it's not going to be good.

I believe he's just miscast. The writing is bad for everyone, but in relation to others, the writing for Tucker isn't that bad. They don't have him stealing babies, gas-lighting women, or throwing them out of ambulances. SN should be an underdog, not a billionaire at the top, he doesn't seem the type to rule an financial empire, all his mannerisms say hesitant, unsure, even depressed. He seems to dread and be almost paranoid of what Kay will do next where a man of his age, accomplishments, and with all his resources wouldn't stress over her. Even the smallest matters shake him emotionally or send him into a tirade. He doesn't emote power and confidence that says the world is my oyster, so I think he compensates by shouting, but that makes him look even wimpier. Especially since all of his tiffs are with woman.

Archived