AMC - Wednesday - September 21, 2011

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No kidding. I was like, who is that other little girl with Kathy? (Is her name still Kathy? Or do they call her Kate now?) And I spent half of Tuesday's episode counting children to figure out which one belonged to which parents. Also, if you are having a family gathering and every possible combination of man/woman has a child together, that's... not healthy.

That said, Wednesday's episode was great. From the Mary Fickett tribute to the focus on Kate Martin to the returns, it was just a warm hour of AMC. This was probably the peak of the JR stuff, because he was powerful with both Babe and Adam. I don't like where I think this is going.

• Members

I've always wondered what affect all those kids have on a show's budget. When Kathy said "Are you and mommy getting married?" I had to take a moment to figure out: a.) who she was, b.) who her mommy was, and c.) when Kathy got so comfortable with Dixie as "mommy". In fact, I still can't get over how everyone has just accepted that Dixie is back from the dead. I'm glad they acknowledge what a re-run Tad/Dixie getting married is but isn't Dixie back from the dead equally absurd?

I'm going to go against the tide and say, I wasn't really feeling JR. The scenes with Babe were very nice but there's something about JY/JR that I just can't get into. Don't get me wrong, I acknowledge JY's giving it his all and doing good work but whether it's the actor or the character I just can't feel his pain.

• Members

You know whats great about yesterday is that everyone who posted here had something to enjoy on the show. HOw long has it been since that has happened? I still am on oversaturation with the David stuff but yesterday it was not as offputting as it had been and actually fit.

THe Martin stuff was great, I think that was the first time I ever liked JR and Babe ever, but my fave moment was Adam's "hearing" Stuart. I loved for all the years how they really maintained that almost soulmate like connection with the 2 of them. Its one reason Stuarts death hurt so much because it was like losing half of Adam also.

• Members

I have a huge family, there's myself my three younger siblings, and ten younger cousins, just on one side. I'm the oldest of them all. Until about 5 years ago, when my brother and two middle cousins hit their teenage/adult years, family gatherings were JUST like the ones on the show. Louder than hell. Fill with children. Running. Screaming. Fighting. Laughing. I guess that's why stuff like that feels real to me, and doesn't bother me. I grew up around all that madness. LOL

Archived