AMC - Wednesday - September 21, 2011

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it has more to do with ABC in general feeling that all men on their shows have to have multiple children. Either that or all these women are catholic, apparently they have never heard of condoms, birth control pills or any kind of protection. It's men showing their virility and vitality. After all "real men" father children as we see with other men on GH and OLTL. Ryan who got snipped impregnated four different women (Kendell, Greenlee, Madison and Annie), Zach has two with siblings no less (Bianca and Kendell), and even the younger women Babe and Amanda had one child by their husbands. Even the older set of men have had children too Tad (Dixie, Krystal), David (Cara).

It's odd that they don't feel like a Mormens.

• Members

Wow I hadn't heard anything about LB at OLTL. That's... odd. Of course she co_-HW there before, but I always got the impression the only reason she decided to go back to writing for soaps was to help AMC and Agnes (there was no secret that she found working under Frons undesirable...)

And yes in the past decade AMC had baby fever--it is too much, and that's one reason we barely see any of the kids. We saw Kathy a bit to reconcile with Dixie but when did we last see Jenny?

• Members

I finally watched the Babe/JR scenes - I think it's a textbook example of how to do a soap return. Very well written and some beautiful performances. It's too bad Babe was often given such poor writing, because Alexa Havens was luminous, as always. It was nice to see her again so I can forget the little I saw of that Torchwood thing where she just cried all the time while Mekhi Pfeiffer yelled in her ear. The scene which got me the most was when JR said she had to be alive, because why would David save so many others, but not his own daughter? And Babe just said, "Maybe he tried..." wistfully.

I liked the short moment between Maria and SMG as well. I do wish they'd given SMG more to do (if she was available), mostly because I'd like to see more of her old vulnerability and less of that clipped acting style she developed in Buffy's later seasons, but the idea of her scenes was fun, and moving, and a nice goodbye. While I can see why ELR wished she'd had more to do, I'm not sure what else you could have done with Maria, especially since ELR has hated everything they've given her since 2002. But at least she didn't phone in the scenes, as some would have.

Archived