GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I guess it is likely 1975 was probably the last time it was mentioned. I assume once Laura came on all talk of another child probably went out the door. Some actors have great memories for their character's past though, even minor forgotten details, so possibly. I guess if she carried that with her character for years it may have burned in her memory. 

ETA: This has been kicking in my memory for a while and related to Denise, just a bit of fun trivia. I had a 1972 issue of Daytime TV that I have since lost, but it listed in error Denise Alexander as star of General Hospital, haha. It is almost like it was destined to happen. I wish I still had it. I remember having to double check to make sure. 

Edited by will81

• Members

Gail Baldwin brought up Lesley's other lost child in a conversation she and Lesley had when Pat Falken Smith was writing GH; circa 1980. After that, as far as I know, nothing. So...after 41 years of going unmentioned, Denise Alexander might be the only one left who remembers the child ever existed.

• Members

The question would have to be posed to Alexander by someone from SON. Most of the people working in today's soap press are way too young, or way too ignorant of history, to ask such a question, sad to say.

I can hear it now: Alan Locher, "Denise Alexander started on GH in the 1970s and her character had another lost child? WOW, that's CRAZY!"

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Hi i am new to this board and most definitely happy to have found it. I love old school #GH!. I know that this is an old post but this person is so wrong about Heather. Heather had an unhappy home life. She set out to seduce Peter Taylor, but then set her sites on Jeff Webber. Heather exposed Monica’s affair with Rick so that she could get her claws in Jeff. She got pregnant ON PURPOSE to trap Jeff, and then when he didn’t want to marry her, she came up with the scheme to claim that the baby had died, but she in fact sold him!

• Members

Welcome

While I appreciate your grasp on the history of GH, my point may have been lost over time.  I was suggesting that if the same story was told today we might have more empathy for Heather.  After all, it takes two to tango, so it is difficult to "trap" someone into pregnancy when everyone is responsible for their own birth control.  Jeff was a doctor, and son of the chief of staff at the hospital, who after being sexually rejected sought comfort in the bed of a younger woman.  He then used his status to persuade everyone that Heather had nefarious motives and his indiscretions were never questioned.  Meanwhile, Jeff had romances with patients, nurses and other doctors that would seem unprofessional at the very least.  He then left town as soon as Heather found out she was pregnant with very few options but to sell her baby, only to return with a new face and a new virginal girlfriend to help solidify his reputation.  It was enough to drive a girl insane, with or without LSD laced tea.

In summary, I was trying to say that hindsight gives us new perspectives on old stories.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I had my moments of sympathy towards Heather # 2, but she was by no means innocent. She sought Jeff out, not the other way around. I really felt bad for her once they were married and she ended up having a miscarriage, hence her need to get Steven Lars back from Diana, by driving her insane! Jeff was no saint, but neither was Heather by far. 

Heather created her own animosity towards herself. She was rude, mean and looked down on people, especially her cousin, Susan Moore.

• 2 weeks later...