GH: Classic Thread

• Members

Well after binge-watching all night last night, I can officially say I am a GH fan.

I started with May 8 2013 and am up to June. I have laughed and I have cried. It's official I am a fan.

And I love Ava. And Tracy.

What have I done not watching this show so many years! God.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

P.S I have no idea if this is a popular or unpopular opinion but Nikolas is HOT and Luke's voice is like honey to my soul. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by OpportunisticSlut

• Members

I have watched 6 hours last night and went to bed at 7 in the morning. My whole regime is off and I am repeating it today. I am binge watching like crazy. When Ava start telling stories she is like a snake trying to hypnotize me. That woman is talented! 

• Members

I was going to snark about Olivia's storyline borrowing so much from Fatal Attraction, and while there was some obvious cribbing (killing Robin's pet, kidnapping her from school), it wasn't as drawn out as I remembered.

• Members

Is General Hospital Spotlight a new thing? I just discovered it on the ABC app. Basically its a channel that plays non-stop GH reruns. Its currently airing stuff from January 2019.  Was the show good back then?

Current  (well then) stories include: 

Laura just beat Ned out for mayor

There's some serial killer case that Lulu is investigating and Elizabeth Hendrickson is playing a prosecutor

Drew has a dying son and Cameron went to court for making weed brownies

Sam and Jason are together and she's against Shiloh and Kristina

Elizabeth is with Roger Howarth's character

Tamra Braun is a doctor

Anna just fainted in front of some guy named Peter August

Ryan is impersonating Kevin.

Phyllis is playing Nina and together with Valentin

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

More intrigue in the Summer of '74!

Monday, July 1, 1974: Kira reports to Mai-Lin that she is afraid Steve was followed when they met for lunch; Kira gives Mai-Lin a letter from Henry.  Jane tells Mrs. Dawson and Howie that she hopes to go visit her mother very soon.  Joel faces Owen with the grim realities.  Peter and Diana share a joyous reunion when he asks her to stop the divorce, and she tells she already has.

Tuesday, July 2: Augusta tries to seem glad when Peter tells her and Lesley that he and Diana have reconciled.  The ballet troupe manager tells Steve he doesn’t believe him when he claims to not know where Mai-Lin is.  As Jane is packing, Howie and her present each other with gifts for their anniversary.  Diana and Peter have a romantic time.

Wednesday, July 3: Joel, being a pretty good loser, asks that Diana not tell Owen about her and Peter’s reconciliation.  Owen agrees to go through with the surgery to save his life.  Peter asks Diana why she did not tell him sooner that she stopped the divorce action; Diana senses criticism; we sense a potential problem.

Thursday, July 4: Joel admits to Jim that surgery will definitely be performed on Owen, and the surgeon’s assistant hasn't been assigned yet.  Jessie identifies handwriting on a package for Diana as being Phil’s.  Audrey tries to comfort Jim by telling him that it isn’t important if he doesn’t assist in Owen’s surgery; Jim says that he expects Joel to come to him one day and beg him to help.  Owen tells Joel he wants to live more than ever because he is in love with Diana.  Henry dreams about Mai-Lin.

Friday, July 5: Augusta finds the package to Diana, and Jessie again confirms it is from Phil; Augusta makes a note of Phil’s address and gives the package to Peter, who promises to give it to Diana.  

Monday, July 8: Wallace Baxter warns Steve it is a dangerous situation if Mai-Lin has decided to defect.  Diana hopes her happiness with Peter will last. 

Tuesday, July 9: A letter from Mai-Lin saddens Henry.  Joel tries to discourage Owen about his prospects with Diana.  Jim feels certain that Joel will come to him for help with the surgery; Audrey is less sure; Jim is annoyed when she tries to explain Joel might be reluctant to ask; Jim goes to Johnny’s Bar.

Wednesday, July 10: Steve tells Jessie he is worried about Baxter’s warning; Kira invites Steve to dinner.  Audrey calls Lee about her and Jim’s disagreement; Lee is reluctant to interfere.  There are flirtatious overtones between Lesley and Joel.  Peter gives Diana the package.

Thursday, July 11: Peter and Diana are utterly dismayed by the note in the package from Phil.  Lee meets Jim at the bar; Jim resents his being there.  Steve and Mai-Lin are happily reunited; Steve admits he is very worried about her and Kira’s welfare.

Friday, July 12: Howie, who is drunk, calls Lee to check that he didn’t go off with Jane; they have an awkward conversation.  Owen takes a sudden turn for the worse; Joel decides the surgery can’t wait, but the surgeon is unavailable.  Diana can’t tolerate Peter’s anger over the package from Phil and the old wall between them is once again intact.

Monday, July 15: Jane returns from her mother’s and Howie implies that he doubts she was with her mother all that time; Jane is hurt.  Joel calls Diana and tells her that Owen is worse; Joel goes to the Hobart residence looking for Jim; Audrey lets her hurt show by saying that Joel must be desperate to ask for Jim’s help; Joel apologizes and Audrey promises to get Jim; she is sure that he will agree to help in the surgery.  Augusta sees Peter is very low and suggests he come home with her.

Tuesday, July 16: Joel tells Lesley that he expects Jim to assist in Owen’s surgery; Lucille is shocked when she finds out that Audrey is going to look for Jim in a bar.  Audrey finds Jim and tells him that Joel needs him to assist in the surgery; Jim refuses.  Joel tells Owen that he himself will be performing the surgery; Joel is moved by the confidence Owen has in him.

Wednesday, July 17: Audrey returns home to find Lucille and Lee waiting; Lucille called Lee because she was worried and thought Lee would understand Jim’s problem; Audrey admits that she couldn’t convince Jim to assist in Owen’s surgery.  Jane finally decides to move out; she asks Augusta if she and the baby can spend the night; Augusta explains that any other night would be fine, but tonight Augusta is having company.  Lesley urges Augusta to not take advantage of Peter.

Thursday, July 18: Steve and Kira arrange for Henry to see Mai-Lin; they have a happy reunion.  Audrey tells Joel she couldn’t convince Jim to help in the surgery; Joel can’t believe that it’s come to him having to haul a doctor out of a bar and sober him so he can help save his brother.

Friday, July 19: As Henry kisses Mai-Lin goodnight, we see a man in the corridor watching them.  Joel goes to the bar and urges Jim to assist in Owen’s surgery; Jim ridicules Joel’s request; Joel knocks a glass out of Jim’s hand.  Diana sees Augusta and Peter leaving the hospital together.

Monday, July 22: The bartender breaks up Jim and Joel.  In her apartment, Augusta gets Peter settled and leaves to change.  Joel, in desperation, tells Jim the medical facts about Owen, and the physician in Jim responds; Jim begins to pull himself out of his haze.  When Peter sees Augusta, he is struck by her beauty and suggests that he leave; she has no intention of letting him leave.

Tuesday, July 23: Jim comes home and tells Audrey he is going to try to assist tomorrow.  Peter and Augusta dance in her apartment; after a few drinks he is light-headed and enjoying himself; he hesitates, but then gives in to his appreciation of her beauty.  Howie wants to set the record straight as Jane prepares to move out; he tells her he is determined to be in his daughter’s life no matter what.

Wednesday, July 24: Peter wakes up in Augusta’s bed and is dismayed; Augusta is delighted; she reassures him that there are no ties as far as she’s concerned.  Diana assures Owen she will be waiting for him when he comes out of the surgery.

Thursday, July 25: Owen is taken into surgery.  Kira warns Henry that if he comes to see Mai-Lin again he must be careful.  Joel feels he can’t continue with the surgery; the condition of his brother’s heart makes him sick; Jim insists he continue, and will do Joel’s thinking for him.

Friday, July 26: After the surgery, Joel is irritable, but optimistic; it looks as if the surgery was partially successful.  Diana admits to Lesley her problems with Peter.  Owen wakes and sees Diana; he is happy to be alive.  Henry visits Mai-Lin, and Kira leaves them alone; she passes a man in the corridor who puts a silencer on his gun after she passes by.

Monday, July 29: Mai-Lin admits to Henry she was never allowed to be intimate with men in China.  Peter surprises Lesley by saying he is going to stay in a hotel when Lesley suggests he take Diana home.  A man enters Kira’s apartment, and Mai-Lin is awakened by sounds in the next room.

Tuesday, July 30: Mai-Lin is shot by the intruder; Kira comes in just as the man is rushing out; Kira calls the hospital to report the shooting; Henry is immediately alerted and orders Lucille to call an ambulance.  Lesley and Joel don’t understand Peter and Diana’s relationship, nor do they understand Diana’s feelings for Owen.  Peter comes to Diana’s and finds her asleep in the nursery; he tries to write a note explaining his feelings, but changes his mind.  Henry arrives at Kira’s apartment and examines Mai-Lin, at the same time admitting his love for her.

Wednesday, July 31: The hospital is in chaos after the shooting of Mai-Lin; Lucille reluctantly gives Kira Steve’s telephone number in New York.  Lee learns that Jim’s surgery on Owen went very well.  Lesley tries to talk to Augusta about Peter and Diana; Augusta thinks it is incredible that Lesley would ask her about Peter’s personal life.  Kira reports about the shooting on the news; the man with the dragon tattoo on his hand watches the report; he receives a phone call saying “You’ve blown it twice.  Get that Bible.  Do whatever you have to do to get it.”

• Members

That period was very derided at the time, especially the Tin Man story. I suppose their lasting legacy may have been creating V. They also brought Julia back for a few weeks after Sonny left Brenda, which I appreciated.