GH: Classic Thread

• Members

I know there were plans to just have TB finish Carly's story when she took over and she was only meant to be temporary so there were thoughts of ditching Carly-at least for a time.  I am sure they may have rested the character and asked Sarah back in a few years if that were the case.  I guess I could see Carly lasting, but maybe not being as prominent.  More B story like Alexis or Liz.  

I thought BW was okay, but preferred SK as well.  Physically BW was so off as AJ.

I agree Sonny/Carly's relationship and it's toxicity destroyed the show and both characters.

It would have been interesting to see Jason/Carly/AJ interact separate from Sonny and give Jason/Carly a story outside that sphere.  It's hard to imagine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The S&B scene is from when they were on a plane to DC for an Eddie Maine gig.  They were "broken up" at the time, but still into each other.  To avoid Sonny finding out Ned is Eddie, Brenda seduces Sonny and they finally have sex in Washington DC and get back together.  Sonny/Brenda used to have a lot of these cute little fantasy scenes early in their relationship and while this particular scene is silly it's on brand for them at the time.

That TK/JB kiss looks awkward.  Even though JB was forgettable  a lot of important stuff happened to Carly during her brief stint.

• Members

Fair.

It's nice to see them more lighthearted when they will be all angst and drama for the next million years.  It's a little quirky for them and that's not really their characters.  It would fit Ned/Lois better I think, but Sonny/Brenda had a ton of silly fantasies in the beginning of their relationship.  It's nice to remember a time when Sonny was slightly insecure and had a sense of humor though......

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

For history's sake, what aired against the GL episodes with the B-52's. Thanks to Curlyqgrl:

Thursday, April 1, 1982 - Apologies are in order for Scotty as Lee realizes his son was not a thief. WHen the forensic committe meets, Anne interupts them, and is about to turn over the letter accusing Bradshaw of malpractice. But the look in Noah's face causes her to back down and change her mind. At Heather's session with Dr Katz, she is gloating about the fact she knows all about his sexual advances toward Cynthia. But Katz informs a stunned Heather that Cynthia is a disturbed young woman and has accused 5 other psychiatrists of making sexual advances toward her. He only left the clinic in Batavia to prevent further breakdown of his patient! Heather is not defeated yet. She manages to get a copy of the letter accusing Bradshaw of malpractice that Anne wrote. Making a copy of it, she slips it to Dr Bradshaw as a favor and tells him that he owes her one! Robert and Jackie discussing Luke and Laura and the fact that he considers them his family in PC now.

Friday, April 2, 1982 - At Kelly's, Scotty reads all about Luke's grand opening. Ruby tells Rose that she's going to be serving drinks. Scotty is disgusted when he finds out Heather is going with Joe. Luke and Robert prepare for the grand opening. Laura in the control room with Mel reads about the opening. David asks Laura if she has any urge to see her sister. Robert and Tiff rehearse their mind reading act. Alan wants to go to the opening, but Monica doesn't. Alan takes Lila. Rick, Lesley and Amy preparing for the opening. Rick tries to comfort Lesley who thinks Laura would still be alive if it were not for the STAR. Steve and Audrey, Joe, Heather, Ramsey and Katz arrive for the opening. Heather is upset to see Katz. David notices that Laura wants to see her sister. David hypnotizes her and erases her memory of him, and the project. Luke welcomes everyone. Tiff and Robert's act is a huge success. Scotty tries to get Heather to sit with him, but she turns him down. Magda the Gypsy and Slick's magician friend don't show up, so Luke has to wing it with in impromptu psychic act. Turns out Luke is quite skilled at reading objects blindfolded. Luke successfully identifies a ring from Edward and blurts out that the ring is to be handed down to "Eric". Edward panics and grabs the ring from Luke. Next, Luke identifies the inscription of a watch. "With Love Laura". Luke removes the blindfold and finds out that Scotty handed him the watch. Enraged, Luke heads over to deck Scotty when suddenly the lights go out and when they come back on everyone is stunned to see Laura Templeton standing in the doorway! 

Edited by Franko

• 2 weeks later...