GH: Classic Thread

• Members

I know some collectors who refuse to copy and share their treasures, even though their original tapes from decades ago are turning to dust. They simply do not want to let anyone else have what they've got. It's gratuitously selfish and mean-spirited.

Edited by vetsoapfan

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I seem to recall Lucky (I think it was still GV then) wanted Liz and the kids to move in there with him when they got engaged in 2009 and Lucky surprised her with an engagement party there.

Of course, Liz and the kids never moved in there because her affair with Nikolas was exposed; Liz ended up staying in her house in Queens Point near to Patrick and Robin while Lucky got an apartment for himself (Patrick's old apartment).

On April 1st, 2010 (the 47th anniversary, but I don't know if it was intentional or not because celebrating the anniversary every year seems to be more of a Valentini thing), Lucky (now JJ) took Maya Ward on a tour around the house. However, we only saw them talk on the exterior porch, we didn't actually see the interior.

• Members

Thanks @Dion

I loved that set.  I loved when Laura first saw it, and the history that introduced the Ward family.

I miss that set, the brownstone, Robert’s first house with the floating staircase.  I think a lot of the current home sets are pretty great, they just don’t have a community connection or feel.  Although I am glad everyone doesn’t live above Kelly’s anymore.  For a period of time there everyone was in one of those two rooms!

• Members

How awful.

If anyone deserved the right to burn that house down in character it was Luke.  Especially if he did it after Laura was catatonic.  Not that I wanted to see it.

I really wish Guza’s style on this show wasn’t always designed to break all the toys all the time.  We got some absolute good drama out of a lot of it, but at what cost to the foundation of the show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

It’s *really* gross. You definitely see what a dark, damaged character Luke was in many ways, which I know Tony Geary wanted to play up after his ‘90s return, but they also dance around it. It’s very uncomfortable to watch. I feel like I need to backtrack to 78-79 to truly understand what they were aiming to do.

George Gaynes was a versatile actor, yet I still find it weird to watch Punky Brewster’s foster dad as this ruthless mob boss.

Even as its characterization and storytelling declined, GH maintained the quality of its day-to-day scripts well into the 2000s, far beyond that of the other soaps. 1980 GH’s dialogue was incredibly smart. There was a throwaway scene between Dr. Jesse Brewer and her partner Dan Rooney about dating late in life, and the dialogue was so thoughtful and rich and full of wisdom that I took notice. Just the caliber of the scripts were so much higher then. Each character’s voice felt so singular.

• Members

From 1979. Dr Irene Kassorla conducts a therapy session. I thought Lesley was a part of these? Maybe they did some w/o her?

Slick, are all these actors part of your GH Master List?

SHELLY JUTTNER;DANIEL J. TRAVANTI;JONATHAN BANKS;DR. IRENE C. KASSORLA;DEBORAH WINTERS;LINDEN CHILES;JOAN HOTCHKIS;MARYANN MOBLEY : News Photo

L- R Shelly Juttner, Daniel J Travanti, Jonathan Banks. Dr Kassorla, Deborah Winters, Linden Chiles, Joan Hotchkis, Mary Ann Mobley.

• Members

I have

Detective Spence Andrews    Daniel J. Travanti

Jonelle ____ Andrews  Mary Ann Mobley

Larry           Jonathan Banks

John       Linden Chiles

Sally        Deborah Winters     

Dr. Irene Kassorla      Self

but not    

Shelly Juttner

Joan Hotchkis.

Now I can add group therapy members to Larry, Sally and John,  as well as the other two.

Thanks @Paul Raven.

@depboy

• Members

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6xafyTm4W7FPTT9IcGifkv?si=y6hPfWwPRuO4x6JvV6BePA

On the most recent episode of Dishing With Digest. Rick Hearst (ex Ric) screen test for the role of Frankie in the early 90's as well auditioned for Linc on ATWT and of course the role he won on Guiding Light as Alan-Michael Spaulding after he left DAYS