Kelly Clarkson announces Release Date for Album, Single

Shawn

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the problem is that so many people expect another rafter shaking, big production number from her after her last few hits. She's doing something lowkey here, and it works, atleast IMO. She's never been everyone's cup of tea, so different strokes I guess. At this point in her career, she has the staying power to venture out and do something different, so more power to her.

It's been getting a majority of positive response so far, so I hope for her it's a hit.

• Members

That's encouraging to hear then. If her true fans are happy, then she's done something right :). I've enjoyed alot of her songs over the years, and do think she has a really powerful voice. I hope after all the controversy with her label and everything she has some decent times ahead of her. And yeah, I think part of my judgment is definitely affected by the fact its subdued. I really liked My Life Would Suck Without You and I Do Not Hook Up, both really upbeat, catchy pop songs. Although my favourite song of her's is definitely Because of You.

• Members

I absolutely love BoY. Heartbreaking and beautiful. My favorites vary, from Beautiful Disaster on Thankful, Behind These Hazel Eyes and Breakaway on Breakway, Irvine on My December and Already Gone and Cry on AIEW. Yes, I'm a hardcore Kelly fan :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I still miss old Idol Kelly. There are people who enjoy her and may be interested in her but not with the somewhat awkward attempts at pop-rock. The last time I bought anything of hers was Breakaway. I know her voice can't take the Aretha belting these days, but I'd like to see her do some of the bluesy stuff she did a few times.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I just heard "Mr. Know It All" for the first time on the radio, and I instantly thought "Wow, you know that song from somewhere". Then I realized that it sounds exactly like Bruno Mars's "Just The Way You Are". Not the melody or the lyrics, but the chord progression and the way the beat changes during the chorus.

Weird, considering this has happened before with Kelly's "Already Gone" sounding like Beyoncé's "Halo".

Archived