• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree that they aren't totally throwing TSJ under the bus and that's about the only thing I'm OK with. I hate that they had to make him "special". What kind of [!@#$%^&*] is that? Really. I haven't seen anything to indicate that in the last few years. He's an intelligent man. Crazy and no morals but I would never say that he was slow or dumb. The way RH played those flashbacks made my skin crawl. Really made me hate him.

^^I'm also really looking forward to the fallout with Dani and Tea. I'm also for sad about what they are going to have to go through. I still hope that TSJ rises from the dead and comes back for them before all is said and done. I know that's not going to happen but I have to hope for it....

• Members

At the very least, they could have explained that Victor, Jr. was a sweet, special child, a la AMC's Stuart Chandler, who went along with Irene's plans (but is now having extreme second thoughts) in order to please Mama. (It also wouldn't have hurt if Irene had been closely monitoring Todd's family throughout the past decade - right down to recording private conversations - and then brought the information back to TSJ/Victor, Jr. on a periodic basis, thus explaining how his Todd knew such intimate, minute details that a simple brain-washing wouldn't have included.) True, it throws Irene under the bus (not that she isn't there already, thanks to this mess!), but it accomplishes the same thing ("redeeming" TSJ slightly while undoing major portions of Todd's history) w/o making light of mental instability or chalking the whole episode up to ridiculous mind-control.

• Members

I'm a big Trevor St. John fan, so as much as I enjoy watching this storyline, I am dreading the fact that he'll no longer be on the show within a few weeks and Roger will reclaim his role as the one and only Todd. Blah.

• Members

On the one hand, I agree with those who think it's a shame TSJ exited just as this story was going somewhere. I mean, the entire situation is hokey and implausible, but it also sets up an interesting sibling rivalry between TSJ and RH that easily could've fueled story for years to come, especially on OLTL 2.0.

However, OTOH, I would've been worried that Victor, Jr. would have existed just as a nemesis for Todd and not a fully-fleshed, three-dimensional character who could do more on the canvas than just make Todd mad on a regular basis.

Archived