OLTL: Character not returning

• Members

Nathan Purdee (Hank) on Facebook and said this

"Thanks for reaching out. I am sorry to say that I doubt that will happen since ABC has not contacted me or my representatives at this point. It may be too late considering the time factor. However, Thank you for being a loyal fan."

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Big surprise there. The show made its thoughts on black characters clear enough when they dumped everyone but pointless Destiny and her rarely seen brother.

Hank was a great character, now wandering the Buchanan mansion attic forever.

• Members

With everything going on with Matthew and the show "ending", we should have had Rachel, Hank, AND RJ back - if not for a longer-term, at least for a brief appearance.

With Joey, Kelly, Dorian, David, Gigi, Deana, and whoever else I'm forgetting already gone- it's freeing up more space for some returns. We need to get on things like AMC has!

• Members

Considering the shockingly bad writing for the Evans family, and that we only see one of them more than a handful of times a year, I don't know if it's about that or not. I don't know if anyone at ABC ever cared. RC only brought RJ back long enough to pimp out Tea (one of those great decisions that helped show why 2009 turned into a ratings disaster).

• Members

Like her, he's sanctimonious and acts all high and mighty. Plus he has a tendency to act like an a-hole but its all justified bc he's one of the "good guys". I didnt like RJ in the 90s, but Hank's contempt for him didnt make his character come across any better

• Members

I didn't have a problem with Hank's contempt for RJ. RJ was a criminal for a long time. It wasn't one of those stories where Hank hated RJ because of some wrongly accused crime. The relationship worked because RJ was shady and Hank was more of a stuffed shirt but they still cared about each other.

Hank was also called out for any self-righteous decisions he made, in a way that none of the "heroes" on the show now, like the unwashed moper, or the gallery of noble rapists, ever are. Like Hank's behavior during the rape trial. Rachel even called him a racist and a hypocrite.

Those first few years, I really think Hank was one of the most complex characters on the show and the Nora/Rachel/Hank/Bo/Sheila relationship was pure gold. It only had to stop because of the show's decision to weaken all of this in favor of the usual underwear model parade.

To me this is better than anything on OLTL in years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QujdACU2Rwk

• Members

LOL! You are so funny. I feel the same way but I've told myself that I'm not friending anymore soap actors until after the shows are off the air. So many people are friending them just to ask them to return or go on to PP. I don't want to get caught up in that.

• Members

Oh you make a good point. I don't want to be involved with that. I like to friend actors just to converse with them, not to bug them about [!@#$%^&*]. The extent of my nagging soap actors was when I told SJB I'd love to see her back as Carly on GH, because she owned that role. She replied something like "Thanks, you're such a sweetie xoxoxo (:" and that was it. Anything beyond that, IMO, is annoying.

Archived