Ratings from the 70's

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

Also LOL still performing quite well six months on post-Labine/Mayer. Margaret DePriest seems to have been able to keep things afloat rather well at this point, keeping the show quite competitive vs. virtually anything at ABC. Will be interesting to see when things start to decline there. 

I am also surprised to see EON and OLTL getting identical coverage at this point. I wonder what caused affiliates to start dropping EON after this point, considering the relatively strong numbers they pulled. I assume it's down to preferring to air syndicated talk shows and the like in that slot (Donahue in particular), but these strong showings suggest that EON could have really thrived at 4 on ABC if more affiliates had kept it on and in sequence. Particularly once GH took off in '78.

What could've been, etc.

Edited by beebs

• Members

Not to derail the thread, but what were the big talk shows pre-Oprah? Merv Griffin, Mike Douglas, Donahue, Hour Magazine, Sally Jessy Raphael are main ones I can think of.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Thanks for sharing all this Jason. I am very excited to see the coming weeks ratings for Days as this was the time (after 8 years) the infamous Mike Horton paternity story had its climax and the aftermath of that! Interested to see if audiences tuned in.

Edited by cody_1990

• Members

Here's a look at the ratings for the series Deidre Hall did just before joining "Days" in June 1976. "Electra Woman & Dyna Girl" aired from September 1976-December 1976 as a segment of "The Krofft Supershow." Wikipedia lists the only first-run episodes of Deidre's segment as airing from 9/11/76-12/25/76, so I posted those weeks below:

Please register in order to view this content