Enemies Who Became Friends

• Members

Unfortunately, it seems as if soap storylines rarely explore the angle of having two enemies turn out to be friends. Off the top of my head, the only example of this that pops in my mind is that of B&B's Stephanie and Brooke. When one looks at how their relationship has evolved, it is truly an example of storytelling at its finest.

Considering all the s#it that Stephanie put Brooke through, I still can't comprehend why Brooke was so supportive to Stephanie during her cancer battle. In this modern age of storytelling, when few can form emotional attachments to soap characters, I was just blown away by the following clip of Brooke coming to the aid of Stephaine:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dikZPoUtSaA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DAYS: Nicole and Chloe. They started off as rivals over Brady -- Nicole even conspired to put flesh-eating bacteria on Chloe's face! -- and when Nicole came back to Salem in 2008, they picked up where they left off, hating each other. But then Chloe hooked up with Lucas, and Nicole got with EJ, and they started to bond over their annoyance with Sami. I really think that they've worked well as friends, and I'll be sad to lose that when Chloe departs.

• Members

Unfortunately though this friendship turned out to be short-lived. Stephanie has turned on Brooke again, bribing her grandson Thomas into lying that he and Brooke slept together when they were shipwrecked. All so that Ridge will dump Brooke and get back together with Taylor.

We'll just have to wait and see if Brooke can forgive Stephanie again. It's unrealistic if she does in my opinion, but she's done it before so who knows.....

• Members

How can anyone forget "KenLee"?

On Ryan's Hope, Roger loathed Seneca and made his life hell for a time, as he blamed Seneca for damaging his medical career. After a few years, they became very close friends and confidants, and Roger even helped Seneca get his medical license back.

On GL, Reva and Vanessa were uneasy with each other, at best, and often hated each other. By the late 80's they'd made up, and aside from a few badly written blips (like when Vanessa and Lillian trashed Reva even though Vanessa hated Lillian far more than Reva), they remained friendly to the end of the show.

• Members

Vanessa hated Lillian after Maureen's death. She blamed Lillian and Ed for killing Maureen, due to their affair. When Lillian tried to attend the memorial gathering, Vanessa told her if she wanted to make herself feel better, than just sweep the snow outside the house.

In 1996 there was a bizarre scene where Annie, Vanessa, and Lillian were at a bridal shop or somewhere, for Annie's remarriage to Josh, and they went on and on trashing Reva. I believe Lillian even called her a homewrecker, which was ludicrous, as at least Reva's "homewrecking" never killed anyone.

• Members

Stephanie & Sally: Enemies up until late 90s, when Thorne cheated on Macy with Brooke. Stephanie felt for Sally and the two became BFFs.

Stephanie & Jackie: Enemies up until Eric got together with Jackie's BFF Donna. She sided with Stephanie, and later brought her in to save Jackie M.

Stephanie & Nick: He took her in when she was fired from Forrester to save Jackie M. As with Jackie, they became friends.

isalst02.jpg110217mag-bold-beautiful1.jpgTommy2a_1.jpg

Archived