Actors who's 2nd run was better than their 1st

• Members

Macy's second run was too short for me to consider it better than her first. She had some pretty amazing material from 1989-1998 and thats where the character was defined. Her 2002-2003 stuff was pretty great, but I cant say it was better than everything that came before

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Arianne Zucker has grown as an actress through the years but the writing for Nicole was better during her first run. And no, I'm not talking about the one-note drunk from 2005-2006 that some people only seem to remember. Nicole was one of the shows best characters in 2000-2003.

• Members

I hated Nicole in that time period. I didnt find her remotely likeable, rootable or interesting. She was too much bitch, with little to like ro find appealing. Since I started watching again last summer, Ive found her to be quite bitchy, yet at the same time very relatable and sympathetic. Thats in part to the writing and Ari who happens to be one of the most dynamic acttress on the set

• Members

They wrote her as strong and not weak. LOVED her rivalry with Brooke and how she wouldnt get away with any of her usual crap. Macy and Deacon were an unexpected but awesome pairing

What do you (or any other Y&R fan) think of Brenda Dickson's return? Did it measure up to her original run? What about Don Diamont? Giggly Heffa?

• Members

Brenda's first run was much better than her second.

Her first run was classic. She was affecting without being affected & gave real heart to Jill.

Her second run (despite some great moments) was really inconsistent.

Don's first run was solid but suffered a bit due to his (at the time) subpar acting.

In Don's second run he grew into a dependable (if somewhat limited) leading man (until Y&R threw him under the bus for Grambo).

• Members

My mom was a Holly fan from back in the day though she liked the 2nd Holly better then the 1st Holly. From what I read, Maureen Garrett quit the show because she was sick of Holly being such a victim. She was hoping that Holly would have become a stronger character after the whole Roger falling off a cliff story. I've read monthly outlines from April till she left in Nov. 1980.. she basically became a background character, mooning over Ed/Rita's marriage while worrying about her mother and brother.

So I would agree that the character becoming sarcastic, strong-willed, though still neurotic when returning in 1988 made her a more successful character.

Co-sign on Nicole from DAYS. She is a lot more interesting now then in her previous run!

I would also say Susan from ATWT but her first run was pretty good as well as her 2nd run

Archived