DAYS: Couple returns

• Administrator

You can bring back anybody you want, or create new characters if you like - it only matters what you do with them. If the storyline and writing doesn't work, it doesn't matter if the character is old or new. So, I don't believe bringing back, a character like Tony/Andre or Lucas or Austin and Carrie or John and Marlena, is "moving back."

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

For me, unless it's cancer or someone gets decapitated (Soapdish!) or something that we're sure 100% it's not possible to come back.

Tony's death: "But, Philip confronted Tony at the pier. They struggled and as Tony was leaving, he tripped an fell over the railing, onto a sharp plank. Nicole was also on the pier and saw the whole thing. Tony was taken to this hospital where he got a chance to leave EJ a clue (he wrote the letter "B") before he died from a heart attack, which resulted from complications from his fall."

Andre's death: "While he lay helplessly in his hospital bed, Andre was visited by Shawn Brady, Sr. who had the notion of turning off his life support thus ending Andre's reign of terror once and for all. Shawn went as far as to barricade himself in the room with Andre, but, when it came down to it, he couldn't do it. Shawn didn't want to turn into a killer himself and he abandoned his plans. Seeing one last attempt to get revenge on his enemies, Andre feebly turned off his own life support, killing himself, in hopes that Shawn would be blamed."

Those are easy deaths to come back from! :lol: Before they "died," they were given something to make them look like they were dead. Stefano's behind it. LOL

• Members

Whether returning back from the dead or alive is moving back... and I like Tony. A few returning characters in limited capacity is fine but last thing this show needs is to be inundated with 90's folks especially if they're just going to recycle the same old storylines from the past.

• Administrator

If the writing (structure, pacing, build up, climax, good vs evil) will be like it was in 1995, then the show will be glorious to watch again! *fingers crossed* Come on, Reilly protegés!

• Members

I like Tony being dead, because it actually adds some gravity to Stefano's character. It's something legitimate for him to be bitter about and to hate these people for. (Not that they really play it much now, but when they do mention it, it works... and I sort of read that subtext as the reason why he cares about bringing Chad into the fold.) Plus, I hated that undoing of so many years of history, how the Tony we'd seen onscreen was NEVER Tony.

• Members

I do think Lucas should be returning but not for Carrie/Austin/Sami/Lucas 3.0, just bring him in for the Will story and move him on out. I don't like the idea of Rafe being Will's "father" through all of the upcoming stuff.

I doubt he will ever return anyway. He was pretty pissed when he was let go in 09.

• Members

I like Tony and would welcome him back so the DiMera's actually seem like this big powerful family and not just EJ and Stefano. EJ needs a big brother, and the dynamic between Tony and EJ was quite interesting.

Archived