DAYS: Couple returns

• Members

This would actually be the first time he was brought back from the dead. All the other times it was Andre.

No it's not. Stefano put Tony on an island for over 20 years, as stupid as the 2007 rewrite was I hated how all of it was ignored during Tony's death in 2009.

Yes that was Hogan.

I don't see numerous and unnecesary rewrites when it comes to the character of Tony. I see one BIG rewrite that Hogan Sheffer did in 2007, making Tony Andre. Hogan watched some 80s DVDs and fell in love with Tony and Anna, and someone else told him "did you know about Andre", Hogan said "no tell me about it". And that's how we got the major rewrite in 2007. Hogan chose the easy way out.

If it was up to me I would have kept him as Tony and gone the Jekyll and Hyde route, that would have made Tony into one of the most complex characters on this show. Or I would have had Andre take Tony's place but not for so many years as Hogan wrote it. There were two perfect times for the switch to take place. The first was in summer 2003 when Tony was stabbed and went into a coma. During the time of the Basic Black fashion show when Bo and Hope were attacked Tony was gone from his room for several hours. They found him in another hospital room later. That could have been when Stefano kidnapped Tony and Andre took his place. The second time was in early 2004 when Tony found out that Marlena was the "killer". So Stefano and Andre decided to have him "killed" as well and kidnapped him. Then at the island Andre took Tony's identity again.

These two examples would explain the psycho Tony we saw in 2004-2005 without creating many new plotholes like Hogan did with the storylines in 1993-1995 and 2002-2003.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Its nostalgia that these shows play on plain and simple which is why none of these returns ever garner new or younger viewers. Days in general has not had an issue drawing a younger audience and I say that relatively speaking when comparing it to all the soaps which are all still older age skewing.

Using a few characters from the past is fine for supporting purposes, going out and redoing JER from 1995 is not the answer. As someone said if you want to watch 1995 watch 1995 then.

I liked Carrie and Austin back with Sami and Lucas but honestly those times are gone. And I almost feel the book is closed on Carrie and Austin. I feel Days should have brought back some of the younger characters that had potential so that they could build upon them like Chelsea or Stephanie or Nick. That's where Days really screwed up is not fostering a younger generation and letting those actors go, which has you relying on pointless characters like Melanie to carry that age group when you had several younger characters from core families that were viable and also better actors .

• Members

I really really really love Carrie and Austin to return!

I wished it was Austin Peck playing him, because when I look al Muldoon's photos i really think he's to old for Austin and to be with Christie Clark.

I dont care about Marlena and John returning, I hope those are on recurring basis. The same for Jack.

I hope Lucas will be returning, with Bryan Dattilo playing him.

And yes I wish Days brought back Shawn & Belle , so they could have keeped Chloe.

And true, I think Chelsea of Stephanie should be back, but i dont see Shelley or Rachel returning, so I think they have to wait with the returning. I can see Brandon and Martha returning, so I hope them to be next. Or Mark Hapka. They can let go Gabrielle and Rafe as soon as possible.....

• Members

If Muldoon is still OK looking and has some charisma then I can see where you can do something new with him, because Muldoon may be able to play material they couldn't give Peck.

I'm not sure about Carrie, but I think there's new material for her if they bring Anna back. Has she ever had any material with Anna??

Archived