ATWT's Anthony Herrera has passed

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I haven't posted here since ATWT ended (I still lurk a lot though), but this news is so sad to me. :(

AH was one of my favorites. Like juniorz1, he and MZ were right up there for me. No matter how stupid the storyline, I was always happy to see James return.

This might be a stupid question, but what was the controversy about his 1997 return? I remember watching it with my grandma and loving the show, but I was only 10 at the time.

RIP

• Members

The controversy was based on Marland trying his best to make James officially dead - to the point of showing his corpse left on the ground for some time, telling us there was an autopsy, etc. This was undone. Then the return story was weak, involving a big history rewrite (James and Lucinda had a 35+ year old son when they had never met until 1986), and poison gas canisters, and whatever else.

• Members

It was the story that contributed to her leaving the show for a time in '99. She really detested it.

Anyway, sad news, Anthony was a great actor, though I was over the James Stenbeck character years ago. I always thought the character should have stayed dead, as Marland intended.

• Members

It's funny how the years that were among ATWT's worst were the ones that I absolutely loved. But I used to watch a lot of garbage as a kid, now that I think about it. :lol: I used to think ATWT and GL were amazing at that time. If I were to watch it all now, I'd probably think it was bad.

This is the first time since the final episode that I actually miss ATWT, because 1. the summertime always reminds me of watching soaps as a kid during vacation and 2. I'm on vacation from work right now, and it's weird to be watching TV at 2PM and not seeing ATWT on.

no. :ph34r::):D

I used to comment a lot here, but only about ATWT. But then I got busy with school and whatnot. Also, it didn't help that the show became pretty unwatchable those last few years.

• Members

Though, I cannot remember for the life of me who their son was. It wasn't Andy right? Cause isn't he John and Lucinda's? I watched ATWT around that time and I still thought James only had 2 sons. Paul and Henry (worst rewrite ever. He got married to his brother from another mother's mother. :( )

Archived