ATWT's Anthony Herrera has passed

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

After a perfectly horrible day...having unexpected minor surgery, and then getting sideswiped by a tractor trailer truck (hit-and-run), fortunately, I wasn't injured, very minor damage to my car, I came home to hear this very sad news. I have so many wonderful memories of Anthony Herrera/James...

I think the best thing to do is to go bed, say a prayer, and reflect on what a wonderful person Anthony Herrera was, both on screen and off screen.

• Members

I don't remember the specific episode dates but munecojim has many August 1989 episodes up which are the last hurrah for James under the Marland pen. I think he was also in some July. Some of the high spots for Anthony Herrera were when James called Paul and Paul yelled at him and wished him dead, and also, when James was hiding in Lucinda's stable, and he heard Paul or Emily talking about him, and it just really showed how far down James had fallen.

This is his last episode in 1989, the shooting.

• Members

He was a terrific actor. He was great on ATWT, but I'm probably one of the few who better remembers him from Loving as Dane Hammond. I was about 17 when he first showed up there, and I remember him scaring the bejesus out of me. Even when they had him doing all the stupid OTT mustache-twirling villainy, he was able to sell it. RIP.

• Members

This is so sad.

A true underrated talent.

Did he ever get nominated for an Emmy like Roger Zaslow (who won)?

Their characters seem SO similar and their acting styles too. Seems like of the two, Zaslow got all the accolades while Herrera was just an underrated team player who never was rewarded come Emmy time.

Archived