B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Members

Hi everyone.

First post and huge B&B fan.

Sorry to start off on a negative note, but I wanted to share my experience and observations in trying to create an account here. My experience may just help others who may have difficulty signing up:

1. I have a Hotmail email address.
2. After numerous attempts at signing up, I would never receive the ‘activation email’ (it was not in my junk folder)
3. I tried 20 or so times to register over the last 9 months. In June, I sent an email to the two email addresses mentioned in this post: https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/49685-activating-your-account/
4. Got no response from the anyone mentioned in the post. 
5. Yesterday, I decided to create a Gmail account to test whether this would perhaps be successful. To my surprise it worked and I got the activation email immediately. And here I am!
6. After successfully registering, I went to update my email address in account settings (to change from Gmail to my Hotmail address). This change triggers the activation email to go to the updated address which as we know I never receive on my Hotmail account. 

Conclusion: either this site blocks Hotmail accounts from registering or, Microsoft doesn’t trust this site

Please register in order to view this content

. This was a painful experience and I would urge the Site Admins to investigate these challenges to circumvent other people from having a similar experience - particularly Hotmail users.

Looking forward to contributing to future conversations with everyone

Edited by boldbeautifulau

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

There is an eBay user based in the US selling archive boxes FULL of original master tapes with B&B production music score - all the early stuff from David Kurtz and Jack Allocco. Search their eBay store and you will find over 20 different boxes for sale. How good would it be to have these converted to digital?

Please register in order to view this content

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/David-Kurtz-Jack-Allocco-CBS-TV-Soap-Bold-and-The-Beautiful-Reel-Tape-Master-/174096132575?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/David-Kurtz-Capitol-Recording-Studios-Bold-And-The-Beautiful-Reel-Tape-Master-/183964060965?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Edited by boldbeautifulau

• Members

I thought 2015 January to august was good, because the show js seemed more balance again, and diverse, more a real fashion soap, also some great casting. but yeah I didn’t like how Brooke was back burner but I would put it over 2011. 2013, was kinda soapy to me too, but also kinda had the same rinse and repeat. 

• Members

i agree with most of you that now i hope Sheila will make the show watchable again! If not please, please cancel it and stop waisting our time and just start uploading it from the start on the CBS.com site that we can watch it in HD quality!

Edited by Marquise

• Members

I loved it too!

I think as far as back from the dead stories go, this one really was perfection. The stunning backdrop of the Italian village, the lighthouse scene (great symbolism with Macy standing up there like a "beacon of light"), the way that Macy's singing voice was used as the focal point of her return (after having been used for the past few years to signal her family's grief), how they gave every "reveal" scene a different emotional mood (epic with Thorne, intimate with Sally, surprising with CJ, and humorous with Darla), how they let us wait for it for two years after hinting very early on that Macy was alive, while her mother spent all that time grieving realistically (i.e. not just "getting over it" like many soap characters tend to do).

In short, they played every emotional beat with gusto. So much so that I had no problem suspending disbelief even though Macy's explanation for not being dead was... well, fairly improbable.

It was only too bad that once she was back in LA, the storyline just took an extremely frustrating turn. I think pairing her with Deacon and making her all about him and his children and revenge against Brooke was a big mistake and the cause of some pretty OOC behavior for Macy's character (and caused her to be written into a corner much sooner that she should have been). A much better move long-term would be having her unknowingly adopt Thorne and Darla's child, and explore the relationship between Macy and Darla during the pregnancy and after. This could eventually have led to Macy (not Taylor) being the one to get drunk and accidentally hit Darla with her car (which would have made a lot more sense dramatically than Taylor doing it).

• Members

1. Best years 1992-1995: Sheila’s intro, Sheila vs Stephanie, the BeLief formula

2. 1998-2002 (Resurgence after a mid 90s slump) Sheila kidnaps Mary, Brooke’s bedroom, Macy/Throne/Brooke, Deacon & Brooke’s affair, Sheila “kills” Taylor, Rick & Amber

3. 1987-1991: The early years, Brooke & Eric’s marriage  vs Stephanie

4. 1996-1997 brief slump

5. 2003-2007: declining but a few gem’s like Stephanie owning Forrester and faking her heart attack, still very watchable

6. 2008-2010: loosing steam bit still good moments like Betty White’s tenure

7. 2010-2012: The last marginally watchable period with a few funny story lines like Brooke accidentally sleeping with Oliver, but going downhill due to the increasing Liam/Hope/Steffy  triangle 

8. 2012- Present: Post Stephanie and original Ridge era, utter foolishness and poor writing

Edited by ironlion

• Members

Hi everyone!

I'm also a new member. I've been reading the board for a long time but never joined in on the conversation. I never received the activation email either, so I sent a email to [email protected] and he activated my account. Thanks!

I've grown up watching B&B with my mom in French since before I can remember. I started watching the show in English around 1999. It actually helped improve my English. I've been watching it on & off and started back watching a few months ago around the time Quinn and Carter hooked up after a five year break. I don't remember the show ever being this bad, but judging by the comments, I'm not the only one.

I look forward to discussing with you guys!