B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Members

I've done some research and based on the old newspapers and recaps I found out the correct number episodes for the episodes form january 1994 batch with some of the dates. And so

#1704 (James and Damon reunion, 3 Jan)

#1711 (12 Jan)

#1715 and #1716 are missing (Taylor/Brooke confrontation in the first one and Ridge arriving in the cabin in the second one). The sopas were pre-empted on 17 Jan due to the earthquake news coverage.

#1717 (21 Jan)

#1723 (31 Jan)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Interesting. I think the show was MUST_SEE in 1995 but come fall something did change. I've been rewatching December 1995 till February 1996 now (thanks to the German uploads...) and it is Ridge/Brooke/Taylor plus the rest of them Forresters and Spectras PLUS the twens around Dylan, Michael, Jasmine, Sly, Jessica which give me a VERY BH90210, MP, Models Inc Vibe and feel slightly disjointed with the rest of the show.

The show is leaps and bounds ahead from anything 2020/2021 out of the sheer diversity of sets and characters, the structure and longterm story plans, but I don't love it (meaning: 1996). The "ominous letter" twist in January/February was amazing even in the rewatch and the whole Sheila/Mike stuff - though kinda forced - was great fun. Now looking forward to: Brooke on Barbados was a hit, the mercury poisoning of Stephanie, Mike keeping Maggie hostage at the Santa Monica peer, I remember loving to have Clarke back but the story sucked. I loved Grant but this early stories were SH*T and I'm dreading the country music set, Dylan stripping was eye-candy and LOL, Lauren had so much sex appeal. So there is lots to like, but until November/December 1996 it wasn't necessary my favorite time of B&B either.

Someone mentioned young Rick: I thought Steven Hartman was pretty good, but the story was kinda blah with C.J. being the bully and him wanting to have his parents reunited (a story told in Bell soaps ca. 1000 times). I'm amazed how spell-binding Landy Albright was as Bridget, though. They did recast basically a second before Bridget's paternity got into question again and she is so cute - and good.

Edited by sheilaforever

• Members

I must admit i like the Barbados story. I think Jessica's rape stroy and Sly burning down with Bikini Bar was a good story. I was also happy that Clark returned and that he saved CJ from the Mob guys. My favourite was Dylan stripping

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Marquise

• Members

I have pretty fond memories of this story because KKL sold the hell out of it and the Barbados location was soooo nice. Though I fear that it lasted way too long and quite a lot lied on Ronn Moss' shoulders and he coudln't carry it. Lauren was pursuing Ridge way before Barbados (her frist "attack" on Ridge was in Nov/Dec 1995), but it intensified again, I think.

I'm now reaching late February 1996 and Brooke's world is crashing down because even always forgivable Eric has read her the riot act after the paternity reveal.

• Members

Speaking of Lauren and Ridge I bumped into interesting rumor on Finnish celebrity magazine from 1999. It says Tracey E. Bregman got fired from B&B since she fell into the pool with Ronn Moss

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by skebujebu

• Members

Ah what!? This sounds like tabloid stuff without any substance.

Tracey Bregman's contract was not renewed on B&B in Spring 1999 (with Kimberlin Brown gone and she show going heavy into the Amber Moore orbit...). She got a couple of recurring appearances on B&B, but then was unemployed until Y&R called her back as a guest star in May (?) 2000 which eventually developed into a heavily recurring part. The rest they say is history...