GH: Role will be recast

• Members

I loathe when soaps recast roles with actors who played different roles on the same show. Megan was fine and if they cast Tamara as Kate it's going to be stupid. Claudia bombed and so will Tam-Kate. And speaking of... Tamara should never have been cast as Taylor when she played Ava on DAYS less than three years ago.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Megan Ward was perfectly fine as Kate. She did have that look of an Anna Wintour wannabe, that more typical looking soap starlets like Rebecca Budig just don't have. I don't think Budig would be believable in this role at all, but I could see someone like Gina Tognoni giving it a good shot. This seems silly, but to play Kate right you sort of need to have stylish chic hair, not the typical long soap hair that everyone on soaps has. Considering the nature of the role, I think image is really important. Perhaps Braun could play an old washed up out of work model doing coke to stay thin, but as Kate she would be not believable.

• Members

I don't see the point of the character either. Her story was wrapped up and she has no real ties to anyone left - her scenes with Olivia were pure hell, the relationship with Sonny ended, definitively...and scenes of her yelling at pathetic Lulu and Maxie don't seem to be much incentive for a return.

• Members

The point of her return is to give Sonny a love interest with Brenda gone. I think its pretty obvious their relationship will be revisted. I guess they are going with someone from his past rather than create yet another Brenda clone to warm his bed. Fortunately it looks like they may have realized that he and LW have no chemistry

• Members

What an amazing idea that would be. GH would be so smart to welcome Alicia to the cast, in any role. She would rock as Kate and her and Maurice would be FIRE together!!

I want Alicia on GH as a new mob princess who gets mixed up romantically with Johnny Zacchara wub.gif

Archived