GH: Role will be recast

• Members

I actually liked Sonny and Kate. They should never have ended that couple. That being said, there is no point in this for several reasons - she'll be recast, which is a mistake, and Brenda has been well-established as his one true love now. Marcil has made it clear she will come back to close the show on MB's arm, and GH has less than 2 years left to live. Why bother?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Gina T. would be great as Kate, even better than Rebecca Budig. It is a mistake and unnecessary to recast the role of Kate. GH already knows that Megan is the perfect Kate and gasp has good chemistry with MB. I will never forget how ATWT fired Scott Holroyd who was the perfect Paul so they could give the role to Roger Howarth. Talk about a horrible error in judgement. Howarth was horrific as Paul even to the end.

• Members

Ugh ATWT perfect example of wanting to cast a name and not cast the role. Y&R does this repeatedly to failure, Eden Reigel, Maura West, Days just did this with TB to disastrous results and if she's cast again as Kate disaster number 2.

I don't get the issue with Megan Ward. I thought her Kate was a breath of fresh air, so unlike the other females on GH, smart, savvy, sophisticated. But then anyone who looks better than Carly I guess is a fail.

Gina I think would be great but Tamara Braun, Buddig why? If thats the case all they want Kate to be is another sort of low classed upscale wantabee like Carly is.Blah. I could actually see MW as Kate, the Miranda Priestley frigid *itch with a soft spot underneath. God forbid this show vary from the Carly and Brenda clones. So now lets bring back yet another Carly or Brenda clone.

• Members

They should've kept Megan Ward since she was interested in continuing in the role and remains popular. There was never an issue with her as an actress and I do think she's the main reason that character was successful. It just seems pointless to recast such an actor-specific role. I still don't understand why they fired her in the first place.

• Members

I liked her because she was different than every other carbon copy character on this show, Carly, Brenda clones or shrewish or slutty good girls like Robin,Lulu, and Liz have become.

And most of that was Megan. Smart,, savvy, beautiful, and intelligent and b*tchy and not *gasps evil or weak and actually with a successful career. I thought she was more a prototype of a new generation female than any other new female character we've seen intro'd on this show in ages. Claudia was again slutty and edgy, Rebecca the same, Lisa crazy, here was a multi faceted strong female. And she didn't seem to just "cave" to Sonny. They remained equals to a point. Of course that all got trashed for the Olivia rewrite baclstory(there is a character who is pointless and useless) and the non stop focus on Claudia.

• Members

Ward and Hearst were fired to cut the budget, but I am convinced she was fired because Guza was completely infatuated with LLC. Guza even fired Sarah Brown in favor of LLC. Olivia was on every day in tight short skirts and boobs falling out of her tight tops. She was Carly's BFF, the same Carly that never liked any of Sonny's women. Suddenly the story was changed and Olivia was Sonny's real true first love not Kate. Wolf will likely rewrite the story that Kate was his first love when they bring in the actress.

I agree. Kate was an entertaining character for awhile. I also liked that she was mentoring Maxie who wanted to be in fashion. Of course, any career ambition that Maxie ever had has been lost and Lulu never had any.

Archived