GH: Role will be recast

• Members

Maurice Benard (Sonny) confirmed at his event at the Treehouse Comedy Club in Connecticut that GH is planning to recast the role of Kate Howard. Megan Ward, who originated the role, is apparently OUT!

I guess they're taking the character into a "new direction", because why else would they replace Megan Ward?....Not that I'm complaining. I'm glad we won't have to watch her act on GH again!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Didnt we already know that? Sucks bc I loved Megan Ward. I wonder if they will rewrite their rewrite and have Kate back as being Sonny's first love. Haha, doesnt bode well for Olivia either way. I do miss her bitch fights with MW's Kate. I have a feeling Tamara Braun will be brought in for this

• Members

I heard about this before but didn't see it confirmed true anywhere until now. SID keeps hearing that the show is in talks with Tamara so maybe it is her...

I could see her fitting the Bensonhurst background more fittingly than MW, and I also see her and Lisa LoCicero being awesome opposite each other as enemies.

• Members

IDA MW was perfect.; She fit what they wanted for the backstory of Kate. A Bensonhurst castoff who reinvented herself and was ashamed of her roots. One wouldnt think she grew up tehre by looking at her and thats bc that was the image she put out there. It worked for the role. Tamara is a bit too scrappy and rough for someone like Kate? Rebecca Budig? Girl, go sit your ass down somewhere. Another name Ive heard a few weeks ago was Gina Tognoni

• Members

Too bad about Megan Ward. Her Kate was the first romance of Sonny's that I enjoyed (at first anyway) since Brenda. I wouldn't mind Rebecca Budig as the new Kate. I have never understood the love for Tamara Braun. I did think that they would do an Olivia/Carly triangle with Sonny after Brenda left. This cannot be good for Olivia's future on the show.

• Members

The thought of Rebecca Budig intimate with Sonny is just too gross to imagine. Id rather her be Sarah Webber than Kate, who would obviously be paired with him. Besides, her playing Kate would be like her playing Greenlee all over agian. I dont want to see her smug, bossing around her employees and being a complete b-tch for no reason

• Members

I agree about that and she was great since she started the role, but it just got to be sickening once things ended with her and Sonny and she was always bitter making her life only about Crimson most of the time.

Yeah, I didn't even think about them putting RB with MB.

Archived