Y&R spoilers bout the reveal of Cane!

• Members

From SOW ext week Colin is about to take off with the twins when Neil and Cane arrive. It is then that both Cane's father and father in law find out he is not Caleb. Lily and Daniel arrive and Lily is shocked to find out that Cane is alive. She refuses to listen to him and goes home with her father. Later Lily calls Cane to set up a meeting. She really lambasts him and refuses to accept his explanations or apologies. Genvieve showing up makes things even worse and Lily leaves.

Genevieve pushes Colin off a balconey. He is able to cling to a ledge. Jill arrives and tries to help Colin. Genevieve shocks Jill by telling her she is Colin's wife. The shock causes Jill to let go of Colin and falls. He is taken to a hospital and arrested there for kidnapping. Genevieve shows up and lashes out at him. When Jill comes to the hospital she and Genevieve get into. Genevieve again tells Jill that she and Colin are still married.

In an interview with Soap Opera Weekly Genie Francis said now that the Cane story line has wrapped up she is not working much and that "worries me." The interviewer assures her that Y&R would not have gone to all this trouble to bring her and publicize her coming to the show if they did not have "big plans" for her.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Her hiring was never anything more than stunt casting in a desperate attempt to salvage a failing storyline. Now that that's been quickly wrapped up, there's nothing else for her to do. Though with MTS gone, her role could be increased.

• Members

I would guess they are waiting for the ratings - and so far they haven't exactly been stellar.

Every story on the show is made up as it goes along. That precludes anything like contacting her for more work. I wonder if Genie watched any of Y&R before she took the job.

I also wonder if she knows how many issues Sheffer has with even acknowledging women over 50 exist. He probably throws holy water at the mere idea.

• Members

:lol: So True.

I will say that the Walton/Francis scenes sound good. Which is probably why she's not taping- any time TFIIC (yes, that "F" was intentional ;) ) realize they've crafted a story where Jill is ultimately the character where there's the most fruit, they change course. :jeal0002:

Archived