AMC: Actor Returns!

• Members

Maybe I'm being naive but I doubt Frons (or any ABC execs) are involved in AMC's story meetings anymore, or giving notes/mandates etc. Why would they? I think Lorraine et al have free reign. Except for the major limitations of having no time and no money! We're stuck with Rylee because there's no time to do anything else.

They can't have reveal Leo is alive in the last episode because Agnes Nixon thinks the show is going to continue and Josh won't be joining the show when it pops up wherever the heck it is Agnes seems to think it's going to go.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He's only coming back for a day or two. There's not going to be a story around it. It's just a nostalgia drive-by to honor his old stomping ground the way Julianne Moore did when ATWT was canceled or Nathan Fillion did for Asa's funeral. They barely have time to wrap up the stories they have let alone start a bunch more.

I think that you are, in fact, being naive. Frons is a micromanager and a control freak. People like that never stop. His focus may be divided but he's not going anywhere until these shows are off the air.

• Members

They are probably having enough trouble securing David Canary. I still remember an interview he and his wife did just after moving back to the east coast where he said he had "had it" with the show and his wife tried to smooth things over slightly by saying maybe he would consider shooting a scene or two of Adam talking on the phone if a camera crew came to their home to shoot it.

• Members

I'm certain she never had the level of creative freedom to do otherwise. People aren't forgetting; they're just confident she has better taste (and hopeful that Frons has stopped paying attention).

Someone earler asked what role Christian Slater played on AMC. It was around 1986, and a small part. He played a young teen, Caleb, who was injured and took ill during a storm, that Cliff & Nina came across... Nina rallied a doubtful Cliff to save his life, which he did... this incident paved the path for Cliff & Nina's reunion (and gorgeous second wedding).

Slater (whose mom is famed former ABC daytime casting director Mary Jo Slater) previously played Ryan's Hope's DJ LaSalle (opposite Yasmine Bleeth's Ryan in a triangle with Grant Show's Rick), a role for which he is probably better known.

ETA: Cassistan posted an earlier appearance of Slater on AMC, predating his time on Ryan's Hope. He's a different character, "Scotty," but - again! - a patient of Cliff Warner.

• Members

I remember that interview but your post makes it seem like he was bitter, which I didn't gather from the interview. He didn't want to live in LA and the number of shows he taped in a day became grueling. His wife didn't try to smooth things over with anyone, because there wasn't anything to smooth over. She did mention that he would be willing to make appearances once in a while, but that she didn't want him to be the "Brett Favre" of soaps.

I'm sure he'll come back towards the end.

• Members

I think people are worrying a bit too much about these supposed "cliffhangers." I have no doubt she's going to wrap things up but still allow for the feeling life goes on. It's not like the final episode will have Greenlee open a door to a still alive Leo and say "You!" then fade to black. At the same time, the show doesn't need to end with a quadruple wedding. Even if by some miracle AMC got picked up by some magical soap fairy, Agnes knows it would be a reboot of sorts. It's not like the woman is new to this business.

As for Leo, he's just passing through. Let's just enjoy it for what it is.

I hope they can get David Canary. I want to see my Silver Fox one more time.

• Members

What Agnes wants or doesnt is incosequential. Frons is the one thats been pushing Rylee and its why they've been persistent despite 5-6 writing changes since they started up back in 2003. If he wants the series to end with them then thats what will happen. Agnes doesnt have complete control

• Members

So are we assuming Leo will be a ghost? Maybe his appearances will be with David, alive, and he'll be on his way back to Pine Valley the last time we see him. And of course there will be the obligatory Leo/Greenlee fantasy scene but no actual scenes with them in the now, leaving it open-ended.

Archived