AMC - Friday - May 27, 2011

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Theresa most likely jumped for joy when that script change came down the pike. Now she's just praying she can make it to Sept. without doing the same type of scene with MEK... will she be that lucky?

• Members

I don't find it odd at all. It lends itself to the moral of the story that you never know what someone else's life is like until you've walked a mile in their shoes. Up until the explosion, Jane was observing Erica's life from the outside. She was detached with her own ideas and judgments about Erica's life. Now that she's actually living it, not only is she coming face to face with the truth of Erica's life -- as well as having her own emotional responses to the obstacles in Erica's life, Jane is now expected to have Erica's emotional responses to these obstacles. These are the thoughts, feelings, emotions celebrities have behind closed doors. Especially celebrities such as the Erica Kane character -- people who have become experts at making tragedy seem trivial to their "adoring public." Jane didn't see Erica freak out in the thunderstorm with Kendall the night Bianca was raped. Jane didn't see Erica's intervention and revelation that her father sold her off to a child molester. Jane didn't see Erica's feelings of violation after finding out what Greg Madden did to her. No amount of observing someone's life from a distance can prepare you for that.

• Members

Rape, drug addiction, dead mother, dead abortion, problems/fueding with childen, Greenlee, etc. That all had to be in the news to some degree. It wasn't just men and parties that went public. I like the story overall, but in my opinion it is odd that Jane is so caught off guard by things not being as simple as men and parties after studying and going far enough to take over this persons life. She should have picked up on fueds like Krystal during their conversations about Krystal. During the early stages of the kidnapping, they put forth the kidnapper was smart and putting together the final pieces but Jane's been a mess from the start. My thought is they should have started this out with Jane somewhat more competent, not just because of what was built during the early stages of the kidnapping but also so not to make the people surrounding her in this story look blind and stupid so early on.

"Erica overcame it all, easily, and now that I'm Erica..." I get that. I do. My :rolleyes: comes from her almost being too incompetent on the subject of Erica after what we initially saw of her observations and investigating.

• Members

Im not sure she doesnt know that. I just think she doesnt care. To a normal person outside of her circle, Opal is HIGHLY annoying. I can sit back at home and take enjoyment out of her as a character but if she were in my everyday life, Id be incredibly irritated around her. I think thats where Jane was coming from. She couldnt hide her aggravation with her. I actually thought that was understandable and made sense coming from someone that isnt around her on a regular basis

• Members

+1. That's why I suspect Jane didn't decide to become Erica on her own. She just doesn't seem to have done much research on La Kane. At this point, I think someone with a grudge against Erica hired Jane, bankrolled her surgery and that's why Erica's guard keeps saying cryptic things about this being bigger than Erica knows and not just about the money.

Yeah, she clearly had no clue imo who Opal was. Even if Opal isn't exactly a celebrity, she was with Erica on her shopping excursion to NYC with "Sonya" a few years back, and she's Palmer's ex-wife so she'd be somewhat similar to Ivana Trump in that respect. If Jane did any research at all on Erica's life, she should've known who Opal was.

• Members

Why do you have an issue with any criticism for the doppleganger story, R Sinclair? I don't expect absolute realism from a soap, period. That in mind, I'm already ignoring without prejudice the fact that this woman has Erica's exact built, as I would with any doppleganger story, and was seemingly born with her same exact voice.

• Members

Anyway, I finally watched this Kendall's Got a Gun story... Ricky overpowers Kendall, pins her down and has the gun to her throat intimating he's about to rape her... and she was doing just fine on her own? Go Kendall! Girl Power!! :lol:

Archived