Don't Trust The B---- in Apt. 23: Discussion Thread

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

“APARTMENT 23”

After a naïve Midwestern girl’s big city dreams are dashed her first week in New York, she finds herself living with her worst nightmare in this hilarious, contemporary comedy about a female odd couple who are surrounded by an outrageous cast of characters.

June (Dreama Walker) moves to Manhattan for a dream job and the perfect company apartment, only to have them disappear in a puff of reality, thanks to a CEO from the Bernie Madoff school of embezzlement. Deep in debt and out on the streets, June scrambles to land a job and place to live. It seems her luck has turned around when she gets hired at a coffee shop and finds Chloe (Krysten Ritter), a charming, vivacious roommate... with the morals of a pirate. She swindles June out of all her savings, but she and her snarky friend, James Van Der Beek (playing himself), soon learn that, just because June’s naïve, she isn’t stupid. June ingeniously turns the tables on Chloe, who is so shocked about being scammed herself that she decides to pull June into her colorful band of friends. Sure, it’s all dysfunctional, bizarre and overwhelming, but so is New York City. And with the help of Chloe and the other oddballs around her, June might just learn the survival secrets she needs to make it there.

“Apartment 23” stars Krysten Ritter (“Breaking Bad,” “Gilmore Girls”) as Chloe, Dreama Walker (“The Good Wife,” “Gossip Girl”) as June, Eric André as Mark, Michael Blaiklock as Eli and James Van Der Beek (“Varsity Blues,” “Dawson’s Creek”) as James Van Der Beek.

Created and written by Nahnatchka Kahn (“American Dad”), “Apartment 23” is executive-produced by Kahn, Jason Winer (“Modern Family”), Dave Hemingson (“American Dad,” “How I Met Your Mother”) and Jeff Morton (“Modern Family”). Winer is also the director. “Apartment 23” is a production of 20th Century Fox Television.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I absolutely LOED this show and could not stop laughing from Go! Krysten is a blast, James is just too much and I adore Dreama Walker and loved her as well. If you're curious the show is now available via abc.com as well as free on iTunes so make sure you watch it ahead of the Apr. 11 premiere if you're impatient like myself.

• 6 months later...
  • Administrator

The season premiere was hilarious! The show is best when it's about JVDB. The special appearances by Frankie Muniz (James wanting to a Malcom In The Middle crossover reunion), Mark Paul Gosselar (giving James advice to leave the past behind) and Busy Phillips (telling James that Katie, Josh, and Jen hate him because he didn't pitch in on the last episode gift) were great. :lol: I'm glad Luthor Vandross Wilson was upped to regular this season. He's hilarious (loved his script for James/Frankie).

• 2 months later...
  • Members

ABC maintains they love it and Happy Endings and its premature to discuss if it'll see another season or not but moving them away from their comedy pride and joy ModFam was too much and they simply can't hack it on Tuesday nights.

• Members

The Beek just tweeted that ABC has pulled the remaining eight episodes and doesn't plan to air them anytime soon and he's basically saying that they've been cancelled.

I did read something to the extent of this earlier today but I they had said they didn't have any eps. left due to that double up on Sundays and Tuesdays.

Archived