AMC - Friday - May 13, 2011

• Members

Well that certainly would have been a convenient time to be freshened up. :lol: I know it all started in 1994. I remember that Erica was off the show for what seemed like a few weeks, others saying that she was out of town on business. I assumed SL was given time off after Frances Heflin had passed. Erica came back from her trip looking very well-rested, more like she was on vacation than off hustlin' for Enchantment. Her first episode back was when she came home from the airport to discover that Mona had died in her sleep while house sitting the newly renovated Linden (Erica wasn't the only one who'd had a facelift ^_^ ).

You can see from these 1994 clips the before and after of what is now and will forever more be known as the "nose management" (among other *managed* things):

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OPvQiIq85Ck" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qdAZul4M5Qo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

These clips aren't the sharpest being from old VHS tapes but in the first clip if you look at her profile at 0:05 and 0:36 compared to 1:50-1:55 in the clip below you can see the difference:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sV2frQ-5Ahw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And *allegedly* her doc was Dan Baker in NYC.

• Members

Mona (to Erica): "Well, I can't blame you. After all [Kendall] has done to you, she deserves to have the book thrown at her!"

Lord knows I'm not an apologist where Kendall Hart is concerned...and maybe I am a little fuzzy on the details of this particular trial...but why do I feel like these words coming out of Mona's mouth (in the first clip) are a touch too mean-spirited and uncharacteristic of her to say? Just more of Megan McTavish's brand of utter nastiness, I guess.

• Members

I think the scene was in character for Mona, it wasn't mean but as usual she was impacted by Erica's force. Though, you'll get no argument from me that Megan McTavish wrote the relationships too hostile in the second year.

This was the Dimitri stabbing trial. Kendall had sex for the first time with Anton and went to see Erica in a bit of a daze. She saw that Erica was a little bit concerned so instead of telling her what really happened, she cried rape and then added Dimitri. Erica proceeded to stab Dimitri. Kendall then proceeded to say she didn't say anything to Erica. Hostilities grew. Erica went to trial, Kendall brought Richard to town, etc. Later, Kendall realized her father was really a child molester after Bianca came over to her place uninvited. Kendall found them in her room with Richard's hand on Bianca's leg. She throwed Bianca out, he tried to explain it was a misunderstanding and she went in the bathroom and vomited. She went to see Erica and apologized and explained why she believed what she did and why she did what she did. Erica acted like she understood and I think she even did to a point but her issues and anger were predominant. Like mother, like daughter. She told Kendall if she confessed in court she'd do everything in her power to help her. Kendall did. Then outside of court, Erica made it clear she had no intention of keeping her word and hit a still apologetic Kendall in the gut with the I'll never feel anything for you, you're nothing to me, you're irrelevant.

• Members

I agree and I like it. If any soap character would have a crazy delusional fan who has plastic surgery to look like her idol, it's Erica Kane. I really don't want anyone from the past or present to be behind it because I don't see the need for it.

• Members

I also like that she is not someone from the past. First of all, I don't like it when a character (and their face) is lost to a plastic surgery s/l. And second, with Agnes on board (shut up), I have a *leetle* faith that Jane may actually be delineated like one of the classic AMC con-artists with a fun back story and maybe some interesting characters from her own life to spice up the story.

• Members

For history lovers, there could still be a chance that someone from the past is helping "Jane". For a nobody, Jane sure had plenty of money to make very a elaborate underground lair, which included an equally expensive replica of Erica's bedroom, and to top all of this off, she was able to undergo flawless plastic surgery. I would be shocked if Jane isn't doing someone's bidding to screw with Erica's life.

Archived