Which storylines or performances blew you away??

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This scene is one I just found in the last year or so on Youtube but it really stays with me. It is exquisite work by Jennifer Ashe and is, IMO, the epitome of what soap opera should be about - a complex woman's point of view, something that any viewer, even someone flipping channels, can be drawn into.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PEHg1d-NjI&feature=related

• Members

This clip isn't online, I don't think, but the scene on Ryan's Hope where Jack tells Siobhan she has to stay away from him, because he loves her and he is married to her sister and if she does not move on he will take her to bed, is superb. Michael Levin and Sarah Felder were partners in acting heaven, and no couple on RH, including Levin and Kate Mulgrew, ever had anywhere as much chemistry.

• Members

AMC - A barrel of fun story - when David Hayward spiked the punch on Ryan's boat with libidozone! Lots of fun in

that story, something that is sorely lacking on soaps today - pure fun and comedy!

• Members

Viki's DID/Abuse Storyline: I saw some of it first run, I was only about 9, but I can remember thinking even then that Erika Slezak was doing a very good job. I've re-watched in on Youtube and it is still powerful, Slezak and Strasser in scenes with just the two of them are epic, as are the ones with Slezak and Ritchie.

• Members

Anne Heche when Marley confronts Jake in the hospital after he wakes up from a coma for being shot the night he raped her.

Parts of the "Who Shot Jake?" story were good in their own right.

Priscilla Garita as Gabi on trial on Sunset Beach when she admits to being molested as a young girl.

• Members

The work from so many of the actors here (especially Harley Kozak and Jed Allan and Lane Davies) is so good, it just makes what should be a silly scene so heartbreaking and haunting. Mary thinking of the baby that will die with her. Mason trying to kill Jon Lindstrom. CC trying to break through to him.

Archived