Which storylines or performances blew you away??

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ATWT:

Jack and Carly's epic battles, specifically the big breakup that won Maura her first Emmy. As raw as you can get. Not far behind is the scene where Carly accused Jack of not loving Parker because he wasn't his real son, and where she throws Brad's death in Jack's face.

The break-up scene between Katie and Simon at the fence. The best work either Terri Colombino or Paul Leyden ever did.

Jennifer's death scene. Hands down, the best soap death I've ever seen (even if the plot before and after were lame). Jennifer saying goodbye to her family and friends was heartbreaking and everybody - Will, Bob, Kim, Dusty, even Paul - nailed that scene. But what really makes this the best ATWT scene for me was the acting of Ben Hendrickson and CZP, who gave the best soap portrayals of grief ever.

Celia Jumps Out Of The Orange Crate...okay, just kidding on this one.

• Members

I LOVE those Victoria Rowell clips. Drucilla is truly missed at Y&R. I could always count on her dead-on performance of the character. I feel like she knew the character so well and even if at times, I couldn't relate...I always understood.

• Members

^^That's what won Linda the Emmy. After her husband died she said she wanted to do all "firsts" hence her taking on a character like Lena and nixing her own idea of bringing Felicia to GL (an idea she threw out to Kimmer on the red carpet at the Emmys). We like to see Linda be Linda so B&B and DOOL would be fun but I see no reason why we couldn't put her on Y&R in a kickass tailored suit accessoried within an inch of her life doing an Eric Roberts-type lawyer guest spot.

• Members

I don't care how good the performances were, I still resent Michael Malone for telling such a drawn-out and ultimately depressing tale. You don't ask your audience to become invested in a story where the heroine dies at the end (and especially from lupus, which is not exactly a fatal disease) unless it leads to bigger story - like, for instance, Jake and Viki arguing over Megan's "right to die." Otherwise, it's just Viki passively sitting and telling Megan stories (that, by the way, would not lift most people's stories) and waiting for Andrew to return from some half-baked Chuck Norris movie Jaba City with Megan's P.O.W. husband so Megan can reenact the final moments of "Wuthering Heights" and die in his arms. Whatev, OLTL.

• Members

Well I loved the Megan death story I admit--and the full week had such AMAZING clips of OLTL's history as characters would tell her stories--I have it saved somewhere. I sorta thought she was set to die before Malone came in though he said the clips were a treat for the fans and to show he had been boning up on the history of the show. Larry is the type of character who should remain on the show--even without major story, but instead of all the random doctors, etc...

Archived