OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I just watched Karen On the Witness Stand. Had a couple of questions. Did Karen and Herb have any other interactions on the show? I can see why they would avoid each other but I'm curious. Also did Susan, Herb's assistant, only appear during the trial? She seemed krafty.

• Members

It goes the other way around.

Tony Call - married to OLTL's former continuity supervisor, Margo Husin - gave the anecdote to Jeff Giles' essential Llanview in the Afternoon.

Light promptly denies recalling this offer or any such details, but she did refuse to return at the time and it was, in 2011, rumored to be because of story. I had heard at the time that they had wanted to tie her into the deeply boring Terri Conn's story as con woman Christine/Kristine Karr - many fans suspected her last name was no coincidence, and that the character was actually Mary Karr, the baby who Karen had once stolen for her sister Jenny. But that may be just fan spec that spiraled out of control.

The Karen/Herb idea is a typical RC history gag - look, they used to be at odds, Herb is the one who put Karen on the stand and made her melt down, and now they're married. It has no basis in the characters themselves, which is why I think it's stupid. He wanted to do the same thing with Demi Moore and John Stamos last year on GH, have their characters come back together for the anniversary. That might have been cute because their characters were pretty lightweight, but with something like Karen and Herb Callison - I mean, if that's the only thing you can think of to do with them, come on.

• Members

I remember at the time Erin left, she was saying how it was time to move on, since she had been with the show since she was nine years old, and she wanted to try out new things, like college (she was nearly 22 when she left the show) and singing (which she ultimately has--there are some performances of her on YouTube). I know there was talk about the direction Jessica was going into then and her being unhappy about it, but her being on the show that long, I'm sure, probably convinced her she needed a break.

That was the reason she cited leaving at the time, although it may have been partially a cover for her real reasons she left.

Interestingly, she and the Alderson kids share the same hometown: Doylestown, PA, right outside of Philly.

It's sad that Anthony Call doesn't want to act anymore, because having Dorian reunite with Herb in some way or another would have been a LOT better than keeping her with David.

• Members

I agree, although David and Dorian were fun for a while, I think in the end it did more damage to Dorian than good. It always seemed to me that Dorian had to be watered down and written over the top to explain her staying with David.

Herb on the other hand was a better match for Dorian IMHO because he was her equal. He was ambitious, smart and funny. He understood her like no other man less Mel ever could and their arguments, sparing and ribbing of each other was intelligent and funny, two things that were missing in Dorian in the final years on ABC.