AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

I had forgotten that Katie and Joey were in the same storyline.  Thank you for reminding me.  However, I could have sworn that she was in town on Thanksgiving.  Opal had invited the Martin family to Courtlandt Manor for Thanksgiving dinner, and Palmer was not happy about it.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Claudette came on and was addicted to drugs..  her character in 1975 tied in with the Kitty bigamist plot because kitty was being blackmailed due to linc and the Tyler's not knowing this..so kitty used the boutique to smuggle drugs via soap.  Claudette came across the soap and got high off it and suffered an overdose.  She ended up going to rehab/prison and was off the show for 2 years or so.

She came back in 1977 after serving her sentence..and she ends up taking a job as hostess as the Chateau that Erica wanted (erica being passed up led her to look tom cudahy's way to make Nick Davis jealous).  Claudette was on for 3 years...she briefly dated Phil before she and Linc started dating after Kitty's death.

She ended up as manager of the chateau and started fighting kelly (kittys lookalike) for Linc...then Kelly's ex Eddie came back..pushed claudette out of her position at the chateau and caused trouble for other characters before being killed.  Kelly was accused, but it turned out claudette was the killer..and she ended up in a car accident and confessed to being the murderer before dying.  I think that was in 1980.

• Members

To me Nurse Kinnecott was the aural equivalent of a finger wag.  Every time I heard that name I would just think of an image of a woman wagging her finger in disgust.

What was the commercial that the actress who played Mary was on for years?  I seem to recall her Dorothy-Hammel-hairdo selling something.

• Members

Susan Blanchard was on the L'eggs pantyhose commercials for MANY years.  (even after her primetime show Mr. T. and Tina was cancelled.)

I am thinking that Kitty was not a bigamist - that she and Hal were former spouces, but no one knew about him.  The Boutique WAS used in drug smuggling, but Kitty wanted nothing to do with it.  It was Hal who was using the dress shop as a front for this illegal activity.   I think that Claudette may have hatched the plan and am thinking that she was an employee of The Boutique.

Erica was definitely jealous of Claudette.  She had Benny to slip some drugs into Claudette's purse.  However, Brooke saw this happen, so, when Erica was not looking, she went into Claudette's purse, got the same drugs, and slipped them into Erica's purse.   Driving home that night, Erica was stopped by some policemen and was going to show them her driver's license.   Of course, the drugs fell out and Erica was charged with drug possession.  (This was right after some decrimilization rules were being enacted around the country, so it was a misdomener.)

Claudette did have a drug overdose (at the Chateau) and left town for two years.   (She possibly could have died, but Dr. Frank Grant was there, and he ordered her to be rushed to Pine Valley Hospital.)  She returned to town and was played by another actress, (who I preferred).   She had a one-night stand with Phil and then did date Lincoln for a while.  (The actress was expecting, and I suspect that the show toyed with the idea of Claudette having Phil's baby to set up an Erica and Claudette feud; Erica, of course, had lost Phil's baby and afterward had a nervous breakdown, which caused her hospitalization).  I thought that she worked at The Chateau.

It was Mrytle (who had left the show, possibly after Nigel's death) who found Kelly (Kitty's TWIN).   She called Lincoln and told him about it.  They got Kellly to come to Pine Valley so that he could meet her and so they could research the birth.   (Kitty had originally come to town as a dance instructor who was looking for her natural mother.)   Myrtle also stayed in town, buying the house that Phil had bought for Erica and turning it into a boarding house.   

Eddie was Kelly's manager, and they stayed in town.  She got a job singing at The Cheateau (after Nick left town).  You may  not remember that because there were two other actors who played Eddie prior to Warren Burton.  It was Eddie who kept Kelly on drugs so that she would have stamina.

Kelly also was the rapist of Brooke.   Brooke was impregnated and had an abortion.  (the second one on the show, after Erica's)  Phoebe hated him because of what had happened to Brooke, and so did Langley because Eddie knew the truth about Lenny's impersonation of someone he was not and that he was really Lenny Vlassic.

Eddie seemed to make enemies everywhere.   Lincoln disliked him, and so did Freddie and Ellen at the Chateau.

Kelly was able to warn Tad (who was experimenting with drugs) about their dangers.   However, he had very little will power in stopping his use of them.

Edited by danfling

• Members

Yes, I think so.   Of course, she was interviewed by the police when Jason Maxwell was murdered.

I never can remember the character's name, but Burt Douglas played the police lieutenant during the Jason Maxwell storyline.  He had completed his role of Ron Christopher on The Edge of Night.

Edited by danfling