AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I like what Kendall did for Erica, in terms of expanding her story, but I wish her origin story was less contrived.  It seems like many soaps realized along the way that they forgot to lay the groundwork for the next generation once their stars began to age.  Erica needed a female rival, and if they were related it could create layers and an eventual alliance.  

When Skye and Hayley were introduced there was a bit of exposition, then they were instantly Chandlers.  When Cassie told us she was Dorian's not-previously-mentioned daughter, it seemed plausible.  I get that it is more difficult to explain a long lost child for a female character, but there are an infinite number of examples, (from Eterna to stolen-at-birth babies), of how soap writers have worked around the issue.  My wish was that Kendall had been Silver's daughter or Mona's niece in order to tie her to Erica but maintain the integrity of her history.  

Then, creating a third child for Erica out of the "unabortion plot" was the last straw.  Because, for me, once you start [!@#$%^&*] around with years of established on-screen history you are underestimating the intelligence of the audience, and I think it is impossible to earn back that respect.

Edited by j swift

• Members

AMC Reunion!

There's an All My Children reunion coming and all the fans are going to love it. On this morning's episode of Live with Kelly and Ryan, Kelly Ripa, former Hayley on AMC, revealed that there will be a Pine Valley reunion on the show. Her good friend, Eva La Rue (ex-Maria) among others are set to be present when the episode airs on October 31. It's the show's annual Halloween episode and Susan Lucci (ex-Erica Kane), AMC's leading lady will also be present as Ryan Seacrest plays her on screen love, Jackson Montgomery (formerly played by Walt Willey). Be sure to tune in to see all the happenings and the suprise AMC guests.

No David Hayward!!

Edited by reallyhateskateonlost

• Members

Did you guys check out her Everything But the House charity auctions? A glimpse into her closet, I mean this was just the stuff she's willing to part with. I couldn't help but shake my head and smile. Our girl certainly knows how to spend that well-earned money.