OLTL: Actor Returns

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At this point I'll take the possibility of a committed performance from an actor who's had to eat some [!@#$%^&*] over watching the "enlightened" new Todd mentally do his taxes and giggle about rape. The character has been obliterated and the acting has not helped.

• Members

Ha, I know how you feel about that word. ^_^ Yes, in a sense, but more about business. Specifically, his price which the soap industry set by responding to his popularity/hype. He and his agents/managers know what he's worth to OLTL (whether we think he's worth it or not, I mean, you know how his loud fans feel about him). It's a given that when he went to ATWT, his people told them straight up what OLTL last offered. They know his price tag and aren't going to be low-balled when once upon a time (nostalgia!) OLTL treated him like he hung the moon. I remember RS talking about when she was forced out they were calling RH's name over the loud speaker non-stop to meet with TPTB as they tried their damnedest to keep him. I'm guessing this go round he was offered one of the highest salaries on the show (industry pay cut adjusted). Or maybe not, maybe they played the "soaps are dying, these are the breaks" angle, and maybe that's why it's taken this news so damn long to be solidified? :lol:

Archived