AMC: March 30th

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Of course not, we're just shootin' the sh!t. :lol: The dude will probably be generic ABC daytime white with a hint of olive, dark hair. The baby's brown skin came from an unseen black Cuban grandmother a la Simone's dad.

• Members

I give up. They put us through the hell of blind, pregnant Angie just for it all to end with another contrived baby switch? I just plain give up. If this story "saves" AMC, fine; but otherwise, I'm done with this show.

• Members

omg, i cant believe AMC killed that baby off. Angie chose that baby over her eyesight and we saw her journey, only to have her die? Definetly going to make for some intersting yet heartbreaking drama.

Edited to add: WOW! I just saw the end and what a twist! OMG, did NOT see that coming.

• Members

I know. I expected this to play out longer but I think having it all happen so fast works for the story. Jesse isn't thinking. He's just gone through hell and DW is doing a great job showing him starting to unravel. That moment when we heard the baby cry, Jesse got a look on his face for just a second like he thought it might be Ellie and this was all a bad dream. Then the confusion at seeing another baby. Then the horror when Angie came to and he realizes that the hell he just went through was nothing compared to what Angie's going to have to go through. You could just see him starting to snap.

I've seen suggestions that this should lead to a mental breakdown for Jesse. I hope it will.

Have you really considered "blind, pregnant Angie" to be hell? I'm not attacking you I just found your phrasing interesting. With DM's absence, we saw very little of blind, pregnant Angie but the part we saw wasn't particularly tragic.

• Members

Having read the spoilers, I was pleasantly surprised through my tears at how it played out. I don't know how Jesse could then say, "sorry, baby, but that's not our kid!"

The one part of the show that dragged it down for me was JR/Marissa/AJ.

I loved the Jack/Erica scenes. Of course, Bianca was right when she pointed out that Erica moving up the wedding is just daring Caleb to stop her, but Erica's never been introspective enough to realize how she keeps damaging her relationships.

• Members

Exactly what I was thinking, the speed of it all aids the story and imo gains sympathy for Jesse. He is clearly devastated and dancing as fast as he can ("If *I* feel like *this*, how the hell is Angela going to react??") You can see how it's just going to snowball so rapidly for him. He's doing all the wrong things for all the right reasons, he just doesn't have the mental and emotional clarity right now. As I was saying in the spoiler thread, pushing him to the edge will help sell this and keep us on his side, but no, I don't want loony bin Jesse by any stretch of the imagination.

• Members

Bianca showed more energy and concern in discussing Erica's love life than she did when she learned really bad news about the custody case for her children. Just unbelievable.

I always felt it was going to play something like this because how could it play any other way than him absolutely doing the wrong thing for the right reasons, doing it because there was almost no other choice in his mind for Angela's sake in that moment. They hit the right beats with Jesse today and Darnell Williams played the role beautifully. I know Williams makes us ask "acting coach?" a lot but today you could absolutely reason that. Having Angie wake up while he's cradling the dead baby and Brot holds the crying abandoned baby, plot contrivances aside - perfect.

I don't want Jesse to go anywhere close to that crazy either.

I agree. [And] Closer to 5 weeks at this point.

Archived