Shameless

• Members

I just finished the first season. Guuuuurl. What fun!

So many great moments to recall but I particularly loved Lip and Ian's relationship and how great they are with each other (as well as Ian's "I'm gay." Fiona: "I know."). Who knew Ian was a top? I can ship this Ian/Mickey stuff.

I found Sheila's battle with her agoraphobia oddly touching. Everything with Karen/Eddie was golden. I can't believe he killed himself! 

And, after all the truly shitty things Frank did this season (and in the backstory LOL!), it was heartbreaking when he realized how truly there Sheila has been for him and showed genuine regret for sleeping with her daughter.

I am ready for Kevin and Veronica to have more to do. They (almost) disappear for episodes on end. Ethel was like nonexistent even though she was clearly living with them. I really loved Veronica's jealousy over Fiona and Jasmine's friendship. That Jasmine and her husband have to be some secret psychos.

I expected Tony would be come a greyer character but I hope they don't take him too far. A character like him is needed among all these... shameless individuals. 

And Fiona & Steve

Please register in order to view this content

So cute. 

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

OMG, y'all, I am **LOVING** this season. There is something so refreshing and addicting about it. 

The interactions between everyone have been ON POINT & dialogue has been pretty brilliant & genuinely funny. The only thing I'm extremely sad about is Fi/V no longer being friends. Need that fixed ASAP

Someone had to of stepped up behind the scenes or gotten a clue bc the show is feeling really really positively refurbished

Yasssss love that you're watching, keep at it! 

Edited by AllMyDaysatGH

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

The bits I've seen of the last season of the show suggest her character (like most on this show) is just going around in circles, with no real time spent on what should be easy drama (like stabbing her supposed friend Veronica in the back). I guess the ratings must be good as otherwise I'd think Showtime would be happy to say goodbye, given how much is being phoned in. The Ian story is especially offensive and also not all that well acted. 

• Members

I still have to catch up on the previous season. I'm just so used to doing that during my Christmas break from work, so I guess that'll be the case this year, too.

I feel as if this season has been promoted a lot more heavily than any others. I've been seeing things from the show pop up all over the internet and in print, and I have many friends who have recently begun to watch. It's kinda frustrating that it took this long for the show to get any attention. Hopefully, that attention is squarely OFF of Frank.

• Members

This season has revitalized so many different characters, so I can't say the show is bad anymore. They have finally managed to coalesce the series into a unified drama that has paid off for them in spades. I don't know when precisely it happened but every single character is more or less on a high mark. Fiona's business decisions and managing expertise has paid off a ton, and she finally feels tied to something in a way she hasn't felt in the earlier 3 seasons. She really has come into her own, and her sabbatical from relationships has proven how much she has grown as a person. I like that she is focusing and prioritizing her future, and now that she has made her future a priority the entire family has blossomed. She finally looks to be in a place where she is free from self-destruction and this season has finally given her a redemption that seemed so unlikely at the tail ends of season 4.

Ian has also changed for the better, for so long he has floundered and felt lost, but this most recent episode really showed his coming of age moment of maturity and responsibility. Rejecting Mickey was difficult, but their were so many call backs to their relationship that I can't help but think that their ending was beautiful. It's not a happily ever after, but it's as good as in my opinion. I can't think of a better ending to a 6 year relationship and this also opens up opportunities for growth for Ian as a character next season. I was not sold on Caleb, but I am coming around to Trevor. But both in essence have kind of shown the incapability of the Gallovich relationship as they are now, which was nicely displayed in several moments of the past episode.

Even Debbie has turned around which I thought was merely impossible after her character assassination a few seasons ago. There are problems storylines: Frank, Lip, Carl and throuple storyline but I have gone back to enjoying the show more then I have in seasons. I can't remember the last time I really enjoyed the series as much as I have now.  

• Members

OMG. I CAN'T with this nearly perfect ass season. The last episode had me IN TEARS the last few mins. Devastating!! I was especially moved by Fiona & Etta. NO!!

June Squibb/Etta was just a delight to watch!!

Damn and I also loved that new hot guy they had Fiona encounter. Wouldn't mind him sticking around!

At first I was LMAO at them bringing Monica back again. But this ended up being a very fun run to watch (minus a few things, mainly any scene she had with Frank. Gross). I loved all her individual scenes with Fiona, Lip, & Debbie. 

Thank goodness Fiona & V made up; the actual scene of them making up was beautiful, but everything leading up to it and what caused it was handled pretty poorly and there was barely any meat in between. That just needed to not happen at all.

Sick of Svetlana's trifling ass. Can't believe she stole ownership of the bar and still expected them to be cool w/her. Ready for her to go

Ok but I LOVE Kev resorting to working and stripping all over a gay bar. LOL

Amazing run this season has been overall! 2 more eps I cannot wait for.

👏 This made me so happy you said this, cus you weren't feeling it at first. This is so true!! Best in years! It's really refreshed!!

I thought they have completely brought her character in a new direction this season and she's grown leaps and bounds!

Same can't be said for Lip! He has been going on and off the wagon repeatedly for two seasons in a row, never fully learning his lessons. Thankfully the acting/performance has been top notch from him which has made it tolerable

Well stated!

This season (and the episode that Emmy directed) got them their first ever Writers Guild nomination! I hope you like it 😎

Edited by AllMyDaysatGH

• Members

Its hard for me to rank it against the other seasons bc they are kind of a  blur now but I can confidently say this was one of their best season yet. That finale was amazing. It was classic Shameless while showing growth with all the characters from Carl to Ian to even Frank.

I also cant stand Slutlana's ass and what she did validated my hate for her. I dont like how they left off that story with no resolution or confrontation between her and V. I need V to beat her ass. Like you, Im glad they acknowledged her issues with Fiona and that they made up

Anyone know why they wrote Carl out this season? Was the actor not available to film the bulk of it? Im glad they did something different with him bc I was tired of the antics.

As for the finale, it was obvious Monica was going to die when she showed up so it wasnt a surprise but still the acting was great. Dang Fiona was hateful about her. Its understandable but it sucks that she wasnt able to find peace with her before she died. Frank probably displayed the most human reaction ever and I actually felt for him. IA with him at the service in that Monica loved her children. I saw that in her interactions with them. She unfortunately was sick and teh drugs didnt help so she was unable to be responsible enough to care for them like a mother should

The funeral director...where do i know her from? Its killing me bc she looks VERY familiar but I cant place her with that haircut