OLTL-Shane/Jack/New Character Spoilers

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This Deanna thing is ringing some Montana Fishburne bells.

Jack tried to take a humiliating naked pic of Shane yesterday but his plan was foiled. He just wants to embarrass the kid and perhaps it will have serious legal consequences.

• Members

snapback.pngKhan, on 17 March 2011 - 08:20 AM, said:

Could Jack secretly be gay and/or attracted to Shane, but uncomfortable w/ his feelings, and this is his effed-up way of lashing out against all that?

Thats what I was thinking Khan.

• Members

True.

Also true (and very sad). Short of that, however, I would love to see Roxy sink down to Jack's level and try to humiliate him and/or his family online. If nothing else, it would give Ilene Kristen something to do!

• Members

It isn't necessarily what I was thinking, though. I only offered the possibility (that Jack taking naked photos of Shane and then posting them online is somehow born out of confused feelings about him) b/c I'm just trying to make sense of the whole thing. I mean, bully and embarrass him on the Internet, fine. But naked photos? Unless Shane is doing something while naked that would be embarrassing, I just don't understand.

• Members

I know, I really hope it doesn't come to that.

OLTL is not very subtle with character shading. Have you all noticed how they have rather clumsily shoved in some "tender" moments for Jack to make it very clear that we should have some sympathy for him from the top of this bullying storyline? Having him "cry" over Todd, the prayer circle today, it's like what they did with Ford though they've started early instead of making up for lost time with the abusive Eddie revelations and all that.

• Members

Seeing Jack's reaction to crying and when Danni tried to comfort him today, may be the confused about his sexual orientation plot is coming. It sounds lifted from Glee. Jack's the football player and Shane is Kurt.

• Members

It's OK to humanize him (Jack crying over his comatosed farther), so long as the end message is clear: he's not the victim, and his actions are not justifiable - understandable (whatever the motive turns out to be) - but not acceptable. But OLTL doesn't know how to blend the two, and they never really know the moral centre of these types of stories, which is why the bully is always given carte blanche.

Archived