OLTL: Discussion for the week of March 14

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just got caught up with today's episode... Gah I dunno what to say. I've carped on John's non "drunken" drunkness for ages now, but so instead of Kelly taking his keys he's gonna instantly sober up and drive off and start investigating? Maybe he should... sleep and shower first?

The whole bullying story. The new Jack ios horrible--I hate saying that about young, new actors but he is particularly bad. This story is being told too fast and too obviously--Shane comes off as a dumb kid, but would he really run over to Jack's, and then even start to fall for them INSTANTLY wanting him to hook up with that grumpy looking girl? Maybe they could have at least pretended to be playing Spin the Bottle first or SOMETHING--or, I know this is a soap, btu waited five or so mins till after he got there? UGH--this kind of bullying is important but reading the spoilers about it, it just seems like another "shock" story Ron will get completely wrong. (Did he do the story about the guy obsessed with Star or whatever who tried to shoot the school but they had to cut the story due to real events and he drove off and died instead? Or was that Higley?)

• Members

Old Jack was a bad actor, but felt more natural than this guy. He's so stiff and his line delivery is horrendous. One of the worst recasts in soap history for sure. I'm shocked. Clearly another case of OLTL going with looks for an actor. Shame to see this guy get more screentime than an actual talented young man like Eddie Alderson.

• Members

Snotty teary Langston: Me and Ford broke up because he's too responsible. He chose his child over me.

I think I'm officially insulted by the propping.

Can we bring Alex back to town and leave David in St. Blazes? :unsure:

• Members

I was hoping never to see Tess again. I can't take it. She's horrible to watch. Not fun, funny, or the least bit sympathetic. BW's acting only works for me when she's angry Jessica.

I'm really loving the scenes with David and Bo, even though David is pretty much a caricature these days. However, RSW and TW are great together.

I still say Joey is salvageable if they just smarten him up a bit (ok, a whole lot) where Aubrey is concerned. The actor has his moments, but overall I think he is doing a good job (considering the crappy way the character is being written). He's certainly the only Joey I've come close to liking since Nathan left.

Ford needs to put his shirt on. I ain't impressed.

• Members

Andrew Trischetta's delivery so far always comes off as wooden and forced. But The Very Experienced one will always be in a league of her own. OLTL has made MANY horrific casting decisions in the past few years alone, but I have yet to see anyone at a Charity Rahmer level. Even the Ford brothers and the new teenagers aren't as bad she is.

I actually don't think Farah Fath is such an awful actress, but she truly reached Charity Rahmer territory in those beyond horrific scenes where she was "flirting" with Christian in Paris. Those scenes truly made her lousy work with the hostage crisis look Emmy worthy by comparison. I know people claim she has no dramatic talent, and I definitely agree, but compared to her performances in any potentially "romantic" scenes, her attempts at playing drama look worthy of a Meryl Streep award. Literally. But anyway...

I have yet to see Andrew Trischetta do anything as godawful as THAT! But yeah, I'm really not feeling him or his little sidekicks. But it doesn't help that Jack and his friends are just plot devices. I'm also not even sure what Jack is supposed to be. Especially considering that the show has been propping and glorifying sexual exploitation, especially at the cost of mentally ill woman (Todd with Marty; Ford with Jessica).

Archived