2011 British Soap Awards

Y&RWorldTurner

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jessie Wallace winning for best actress is truly upsetting. Cooper, Danson and Cox all deserved it leaps and bounds over her.

Though I wanted Cooper to win, congrats to Jane Danson for BDP.

I :rolleyes: at Keegan winning. She's so ... run of the mill.

Sexiest Male is a joke.

Best Actor makes me cry. Ironic, I know.

Alex Bain is truly insulting.

Emmett Scanlan winning best newcomer doesn't bother me, as I do feel that category should be based on popularity and he is quite a hit with fans and even I have grown to like him quite a bit.

Best/Story and Best Scene had terrible choices to begin with, so there was never any hope.

I mainly want to know who won Lifetime Achievement and that other special award they give out to people behind the scenes.

• Members

I think Jessie is a good actress, and she never won the last time she was at Eastenders, so I'm not sorry she won. I just wish she could move her entire face :(

If I was upset I would be upset about Lindsey Coulson not winning, but the panel does not like Eastenders so I am not all that shocked. A few years ago there was similar shock when the Tony story didn't win any panel awards. I think the Jacksons/Brannings are a little too "real" for the panel - they want glitz. I'm just glad Jane Danson won if Lindsey could not.

I think Fatboy would have won Newcomer a few months ago but he has since done nothing but sit around with Mercy.

I think I would be happier for Brendan winning if his character wasn't offensively written (abuse = love; abusers are the true victims) and if the show hadn't ruined Ste.

Gavin Blyth won the special award. I think Bill Tarmey won the lifetime achievement award.

I just hope that this means Danny Miller might go back to having the potential he had in those early days. I truly find him unwatchable these days.

• Members

I think it's the material. Kat Kelly and Jessie have both had a lot of crap material. The only time I felt a little let down by Jessie's work was in the reveal episode, which I blame partially on Botox.

• Members

Who? Kat Kelly?

Gavin...I think it's probably because he passed away. While he did turn Emmerdale around in ratings, he also gutted the show and turned it into, as they call it on Digital Spy, "Hollydale."

• Members

I don't know how much the panel knew about public voting and if they voted to compensate for that but I do wonder if this was a compensation prize for Corrie losing out at the NTA and at the BSA in public voting - both times Corrie was expected to easily win. They are now shut out of most public votes, which was not true before the last year, which, IMO, has badly damaged the show, even if the ratings have held up.

Eastenders is far from perfect and aside from Lindsey and Billie's death I don't think anyone from the show who lost was robbed, but I do think that the show continuing to do as well as it has in the public vote tells you that the many claims that the show is terrible and needs huge regime change and so on is overhyped. The public is still behind the show. I just hope this gives Kirkwood, Yorke, Beedles, whoever else, the confidence to not keep bumbling along.

Archived