2011 British Soap Awards

Y&RWorldTurner

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nice to see Jane accepting her award. I hope we get to see more of the Eastenders cast winning, and certain Corrie actors and a few Emmerdale actors pulling faces in the audience.

The few photos available so far suggest a lot of bad fashion choices for EE ladies.

• Members

I'm a pleased with som of the winners but most of all for Hollyoaks' Emmett Scanlan he so deserved his wins he's by far the standout star from the show over the last year and has added such a spark to the show. I'm also ecstatic for Jane Danson's win she's deffo the best actress on Coronation Street and gave such a real and heartbreaking performance during the live ep last year, I just wish that she had got the Best Actress nom over Kat Kelly.

Also I don't think that the tram crash should have won spectacular scene because for me it was too CGI and although was an epic scene looked quite fake whereas the others felt so real when watching them and had more of an intense and realist feel about them.

• Members

The biggest problem with the tram crash was that it became a joke so quickly. The Sun tore it apart, and a lot of fans laughed at the reactions from Ken. I would have given it to Emmerdale's train crash.

• Members

I agree the spectacle of tram crash and the drama that unfolded afterwards was great but, for me I just LMAO when I first saw it, it looked so much like a dinosaur and rollercoaster that it had no realist effect or impact. But I agree Emmerdale's train crash should have won all of those scenes were so intense and it looked/felt so real plus it was more of a plausible thing that could happen.

The Hollyoaks lift shaft drop was also really good because it was a real subtle stunt/effect and not to OTT that overshadowed the emotion of the scenes following that were more important to the episode and plot. It was like some extra to add to the show rather than becoming the main aspect of it.

• Members

Back when he first started I would've agreed with you as I felt that the character was a bit of a lose thread on the show and weak but since they've addressed some of his back-story and added these complexities to him he now one of my fav characters. Also I feel that Emmett plays him brilliantly I just love all the quirks that have become such a key part of the characterisation.

• Members

I could maybe understand him winning the Newcomer award, but Best Villain is a huge WTF to me. I don't find him to be that menacing or that great of a pot stirrer.

The newcomer award is often a here today, gone tomorrow award. I can't think of anyone other than Jessie Wallace that's won it that went on to have a huge impact on their respective shows.

• Members

I guess they just wanted to award him, and the category didn't matter to them, but the "Best Villain" also confuses me, because aside from a month or two when they were supposedly planning to kill Brendan off, he has never been written as a villain.

Archived