DAYS: March Discussion Thread

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When I first saw her pic and she had very dark hair and features, she looked more like Gabby and a definite miscast. They at least dyed her hair to make it not so jarring but its hard to make someone that dark, go blonde. What you usually end up getting is the mess of a color that her hair is. Its kinda what they did with Sarah Brown on B&B, although NuAbby's isnt as bad

• Members

STFU Stephanie! UGH!! She was so irritating today and I loved Nathan taking her down a few pegs & making her look like a complete idiot, she was just unbearable today ripping into my poor Melanie angry.gif

"I want you to make love to me like you used to" LMAO!! Sami was trying to act so sexy when she said that. I'm kinda over this S/L already, though I do enjoy watching her so frustrated with Clone Rafe.

I love Philip and Chloe so much, they were great in Friday's episode, definitely the highlight wub.gif

Victor vs. Brady is not interesting to me at all, why did DAYS even ruin this relationship like this??

ITA. She looks nothing like Jenn or Jack at all, I mean unless she's really adopted or something. lol.

AGREED!!

• Members

How was Ashley Benson back when she played Abby? Did she play Abby how she plays Hanna on Pretty Little Liar? I can't imagine her and this current actress playing the same character... they just seem as different as night and day.

• Members

Ashley´s Abby was a lot like Hannah as she is written now (not the few first PPL episodes where they clearly wanted her to be more snotty and spoiled), slightly more naive but with the same knack for sardonic remarks, except of course as Jennifer´s daughter she was supposed to stay a virgin forever. But she was perfect as J/J´s daughter and had an amazing chemistry with MR and especially MA. And she had the same gift as young MR, looking stunningly beautifull yet be convincing at playing a girl who has no idea how attractive she is and is shocked whenever someone mentions that (MR still plays Jennifer the same way even when she is 45 years old). Unfortunatelly, she was also very young (she started as 15 years old) and mostly just being sidekick to Rachel Melvin´s Chelsea who was clearly the star of the teen generation then and went from story to story. Abby was mostly Chelsea´s walking and talking conscience and the story never focused on her until the last year, but at the time Missy decided to leave, MA was fired and when even Abby´s crush on Max went nowhere Ashley started to get bored and looking for the way out.

Still, there are some scenes I will remember forever, like her and Jack´s "last" dance at Chloe´s wedding when Abby had no idea Jack has only few months left, or her looking all adoringly cute and innocent in her overall surpring Max at the garage (it´s the same look she has now on PPL when she looks at Caleb).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJalaBvahTU

As for Kate´s Abby, I don´t think it´s fair to compare her with Ashley because she was hired for different reasons. NuAbby is supposed to be more like Chelsea, a new lead of this teen/college generation who will probably rebel all the time. So they wanted someone more dynamic and "Melanie-like", someone who oozes self-confidence and has a strong screen presence. And they also have Gabby so the place of a sweet, romantic, slightly naive girl is already taken. If she is or isn´t resembling old Abby and/or J/J was the last thing they cared about.

• Members

Go Stephanie! I love when she's a bitch especially to Melanie. It sucks she had a miscarriage but Steph didnt know and I dont think she's automatically entitled to the sympathy card bc Melanie was quite bitchy and insensitive to Stephanie's feelings for months Nathan looked ridiuclous telling Steph that Melanie is going to be his wife. Oh really? Yeah, Id like to see that happen! haha

I still find it eerily odd how close Nicole and Taylor are. I guess alot changed offscreen in 12 years

I didnt even think about Brady as a potential new love interest for Chloe and he happens to be single as well. Too bad I cant stand this version of him. Kyle Lowder, where are you? I did like what Brady did for her and like that she gets to be near Parker.

• Members

When Ashley Benson was in the role she worked with both Stephanies before she left for London. I am sure she heard about Mel from Stephanie or Max, being that She & Max were friends and Mel was Max's "sister". Nathan & She may know each other, haven't meet on screen, but since they are cousin I think they know each other.

BTW, I like this Abby as well. Most young people gain new personas when they go off to see the world or go off the college. I don't think Abby is a newly college student either, Jenn asked her about her finals and she said they went well and she told Daniel she would transfer to Salem U, some degrees take longer than others...... I like how she Abby is spunky and forward much like Jack, and how Jenn was when Missy debuted in the role in the 80's. So she is much like her parents with Jack's hair color.

• Members

I don't think anything is supposed to have changed offscreen -- Nicole was still being a bitch to her when she showed up a month ago. But they forged this "truce" (I'm not entirely sure why; maybe because Nicole is sitting on top of the world and doesn't feel threatened?), and now they're all buddy-buddy. Taylor is pretty much acting how she used to act, all, "Oh, Nikki..."

I swear to God, if they show that flashback of EJ and Taylor bumping into each other on the pier ONE MORE TIME...

• Administrator

I know you what you mean. If they continue this, it's going to give "Paint falling on Ethan" (on Passions) a run for most played flashback ever (though I don't think anything will beat that flashback). LOL

• Members

LOL! No joke, I was just telling a friend the other day how this was starting to remind me of that godforsaken montage of Theresa dumping crap all over Ethan in the first few weeks of Passions. I remember paint, fish guts...

• Members

It is way to early to judge nuAbby, i like to give them about a month or so, esp given the fast pace at days. It can take a bit to find your footing. She isnt full on awful, like Natalia was/is, so thats good. I think she will do fine.

I saw Patrika Darbo last night, i wish they would bring Nancy back for a visit.

Archived