DAYS: March Discussion Thread

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dc cubs

After seeing your banner, I just have to say that Nadia is doing a good job with Chloe's depression storyline. I know her range is limited but sometimes Nadia surprises and gives good performances. I remember she also did well with the hysterical pregnancy story line.

• Members

Melanie! :(

Taylor/Brady > Taylor/EJ

I love Rafe Deux being a complete ass to Sami! I find it fun to watch her be annoyed with him! I was LMAO when Rafe & Stefano were busting out laughing with each other then Sami walked in and was like WTH?

Also loved the Rafe/Stephanie angle....mainly because we got some Sami/Steph reaction out of it! These two need to interact more...

LOL! Wow I didn't even notice until you said this. That is a lot of pearls, & she is rockin' all of them ;-).

100% agree!

• Members

I love FakeRafe going, like, rogue and hitting on Stephanie. But what the hell is the point of this plot (from the DiMeras' end, I mean)? What are they attempting to achieve here? Is he supposed to pull away from Sami and eventually leave her? And who is this guy who was willing to give up his entire previous life in order to become Rafe Hernandez? There's actually some fun stuff to mine there, if they bother with it...

Guest dc cubs

I had very low expectations going in regarding Kate Mansi (Abigail) but she was actually decent and had a good mother/daughter chemistry with Missy Reeves. Hopefully, she will only improve as time goes on.

• Administrator

I like her too. In her first episode, I didn't notice any "bad acting habits" but it's still early. Also, I thought she looked more like Hope's kid than Jen's. And it was nice to see Hope all pretty again with makeup on and long flowing hair.

• Members

Abby seems likable, yeah! I agree on the look, though, but I can get past that if the character and actress work. She has a nice chemistry with Missy Reeves.

I actually LOVE what they're doing with Hope right now. It's not a major story, but it's a steady B or C runner. Those scenes with her and Bo last week where they were being cutesy, got caught up in it and kissed, and then had to pull back -- that's what I need to see. Not just "Okay, we're happy again!" And I appreciated seeing her back out in Salem for her first normal day of real life. Julie's advice made total sense from Julie's perspective -- "Read the books you've always wanted to read," etc. -- but you could see Hope being like, "Enh." That's the old Hope spark. I wonder where they'll take her now.

Actually, great Horton day: Maggie, Hope, Jen, Abby, Julie, and Nathan.

• Members

Not a fan of nuAbby yet. First of all WTH was she wearing? What an insanely fugly outfit that was, not very easy to look at at all, especially in HD!! That outfit needs to be BURNED!

Kate Mansi's acting reminds me of Natalie Halls (Colby) from AMC...they act very similarly. I kept thinking she reminds me of someone and I finally realized it was Natalie. Anyways today I was not impressed with her at all, I'm reading around and she's getting mostly positive reviews, I have to say I don't agree with any of those at all. She's not bad but I don't think she's good either. Also I do not like how angry Abby is at Jack, I mean I get it but she's at the point where she's encouraging Jennifer to divorce him....wow. I don't buy that at all. And then the end with Jennifer hugging Daniel and Abby seeing? :rolleyes: She'll be selling Jack out and encouraging Jenn to hook up with him in no time....UGH.

Hope staring at EJ :wub: LOL probably didn't mean much of anything but I would love if it did!!

• Members

dayshope1.png

This is the best Hope has looked in a LONG time! First time in long time that she actually felt like herself. Loved her attitude and renewed sense of energy

Not sure I care for the new Abby yet. Something about her look I dont like. Does she have any friends in Salem? Does she know Stephanie, Nathan and Melanie or did she leave before they joined the show?

Also how far in advance does Days tape? It feels like it takes forever for casting news to actually make it on air.

• Members

Abby was definitely around when Stephanie was on canvas, but I think only when the first, red-haired, racecar-driving (GOD) Stephanie was there. I believe Ashley Benson left between the two Stephanies' stints, or not long after Hennig showed up. But for a time, Abby, Chelsea, and Steph were all a little crew.

• Members

DAYS tapes a little over 2 months ahead, I think the farthest of all the soaps.

I agree 100% about Abby, you said it better than I could. There is something about her that just turns me off. And Hope does look great, I wonder what's next for her? She's not going to work at the Salem PD so I wonder what DAYS has in store, hopefully they actually write something for her again instead of phase her into the background.

Archived