DAYS: March Discussion Thread

• Members

Not a very good Friday episode, minus Mel/Dario/Daniel & Jennifer/Chad/Abby I thought it was terrible.

EJ re-enacting to Stefano what happened between him & Taylor on the pier was so laughable! The EJ/Taylor scenes were cringe-worthy as usual and so beyond predictable. At the beginning of the episode they just kept repeating themselves over and over. The "passion" between them at the end wasn't hot in the slightest. These two just don't work. They are a tacky joke.

Sami & Rafe were going around in spheres today, I was frustrated with their scenes! I'm so over all their arguments.

I can't get into Jennifer/Daniel, they are completely forced to me and I'd rather see Daniel reunite with Chloe and Jennifer find out Jack's really in trouble and seek out to Australia to find him with the help of Bo & Hope or something.

I loved the Mel/Dario stuff. Dario/Stephanie could have worked if she was staying. It could've been an interesting little triangle. I like the dynamic that Mel & Dario have, I hate that Dario is mainly focused on Melanie's money but hope to see him develop feelings along the way. I get why Daniel punched Dario but still thought he needed to calm the [~!@#$%] down afterwards!

Abby & Chad were great today, loved the simple scenes of them just going over school work & discussing him being a DiMera and wanting to move into the mansion. I liked Jennifer's talk with Abby about the DiMera's. I wish Jennifer would have went more into her past with them while talking with Abby.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Loving the abby/chad, daniel/jennifer, and melanie/dario couplings. those three couples, along with maggie/victor & kate/stefano have made me a daily watcher again.

Its so nice to see jennifer be free of that dead weight Jack. SO nice. I love Jen but Jack has always brought her down for me.

if they go forward with abby;chad and do not have jenn mention peter ill be pissed.

• Members

I don't usually ask this but because could someone fill me in whats been happening on Days lately? I haven't watched a single ep until the other day since Hope got the jail warden arrested and Jennifer's heart was taken out. I haven't had much time to watch it. As I stated in another thread, for me Days lately has been so take it (Buried Alive 2.0, Magic, Caroline's wicked paternity plot) or leave it((Jennifer's heart, never-ending EJ/Sami/Rafe).

PS did see the Kate/Vivian cake fight. :wub:

• Members

Friday's episode was so weird and choppy. I felt like it was two episodes hacked together into one. People were just vanishing and appearing all over the damn place.

(And for some reason, Thursday's isn't on the NBC site. I want to see the Kate/Viv fight!)

• Members

Wow breathtaking Carly scenes today!! The break down was just heartbreaking to watch :( I'm looking forward to this new S/L with her...looks like a drug addiction/depression type thing. This is the perfect story for her right now, as this has been kind of building up for over 2 months now. She has been trying hard to hide her feelings about the break up with Bo but now it's starting to really come out. The kiss she saw between Bope on the pier really kicked it off. CC will no doubt do great throughout...I do wish we got a little more build up to that, though. Particularly the whole sedative syringe bit. I thought it was kind of weird how she just shoved that in her body like that. I feel we should have got some scenes before of her at the hospital being tempted to take those drugs at least..

Going to miss Nathan, I liked his farewell...that was nice how they focused on Tom Horton.

EJ & Taylor are revolting, awful, tacky, laughable. I can't say it enough.

Ciara and Theo AKA Thiara are DAYS' future supercouple! They already got themselves an "on the run" S/L blush.gif love them. So cute! I would love if these two actors were allowed to grow up in the roles together (with lots of acting classes along the way), assuming DAYS will last that long...I picture these two as teens and it just being awesome to watch them grow as a couple.

• Members

Wow, they really are dragging out Nathan's exit. I thought his final scene was with Maggie last week

Taylor is a skank and she and EJ are revolting. I feel so bad for Nicole

Wondering where they are going with Carly as well. She definetly is starting to come unrattled. Im glad though bc she acted way too easy breezy with the breakup and him going back to Hope

LMAO at the motion Nicole did to Faye when she was gesturing the stair chair

• Members

I think they should have had his scenes with Maggie be his final scenes. But i think Monday was it, no?

I do not feel bad for Nicole. Not at all. But i cant stand taylor, and it all has to do with how natalia plays her. Can tams be here now?

I am loving the seeds of this carly storyline if they are going with her where i think so.

• Members

I'm a few days behind, so I just finished Monday's episode and am into Tuesday's.

I was all set to make fun of how Carly became a drug addict in half an hour, but the scenes on Monday were pretty well-done. CC is definitely embodying this woman who's totally worn out and desperately wants to hold it together, but can't.

Nathan's last scene was really terrific! The character never amounted to too much (though I think he could have, with a bit more focus), but I like that he got a true Horton sendoff. Now that they created the character of Nathan Horton, they always have another family member in reserve to use. And some of my favorite scenes ever with him were when Bill and Nathan had that "Horton doctors" conversation last June, so this was a fitting way to send him off.

EJ and Taylor are idiots. It never occurred to EJ DiMera to just have an affair until Stefano suggested it? And then they make out in the damn foyer? At least the locked door to the living room is a plot point in Tuesday's ep, but come on. Also, GO UPSTAIRS.

Oh, and I appreciate the way that Bo and Hope are working through their issues. I don't want to watch a bunch of boring therapy scenes (and I don't expect them to be done in a dynamic way on this show), but they're referencing their therapy, pausing to consider their reactions to possible conflicts, taking the physical part slow, etc. It's not just being glossed over. Days gets a thumbs-up from me on this.

I will say, though -- you watch two episodes in a row, and this show really just seems like a bunch of people wandering in circles around the world's smallest "city."

• Members

I watched today, what did Rafe do so terrible? I know I must be insane but I really don't see what the problem is with the new Rafe. Is he a man Oprah and Alan Alda would be proud of? No. Last I saw Johnnie was being picked on and he wanted to teach the kid how to stand up for himself, and this was portrayed as something terribly wrong.

• Members

Fully catching up now, as i have only seen half episodes the past few days, and aside from the taylor/ej/nicole/rafe2/sami story i really like the show. sadly, thats half the show. but oh well.

Anyways, i am totally loving will and abby. i just feel it is moving too fast. i would have loved it if they met, struck up a friendship, started hanging out and bonding over daddy/parent issues, and then jennifer meets him finding out he is a dimera and is all "hell no!" and abby is like, but i already know him. but again, i really like them.

i love, love, love daniel and jennifer. love them. i really like how they have just become friends and its all very casual at this point. I do have one issue with jenn, why are they not referencing any of his history? The peter issue was like an elephant in the room in her scenes with abby about chad. Then when speaking with Daniel why did she not tell him about her own history with Lawerance?

I like sami and rafe 2, to a point. Its all so repetitive though. The fact that he scared her daughter enough to want to live with lucas in japan and then forced himself on her and shes like "ehh, its due to the accident" is annoying. also, when he forced himself on her why didnt she mention how she never thought he would try that given her history with alan and ej, it could have been a nice moment for rafe2 to wonder what exactly ej has done to same. that said, i love rafe 2 and nicole.

Maggie & Victor :wub: :wub: :wub:

• Members

The Carly stuff was very well done, and all of Mondays show really reminded me of her first stint. The losing the patient and feeling that lost connection was very much like Shawn D reminding her of Nickey, and i think she also lost a young patient then too. And her good bye with Nathan reminded me of her good friendship with Tom Horton.

I will really miss Nathan. He could have been a great character and was played by a great actor and i really liked him and Melanie.

• Members

did Days get a new stylist? Because the hair and makeup has been A+ recently. Maggie had so much volume and life to her hair yesterday. Kate's new shorter style works wonders on her, vivian's short hair looks great on her, Hope also has been rocking some new hair styles, Taylor's 60's throwback hair yesterday was cute, etc...

Oh, and can faye die now? She is so annoying.

Magie & Victor have been soooooo good! I loved it when he called her his girlfriend and then their two kisses were very cute. I love them. I can not wait for other people in salem to find out Maggie Horton is moving on with her life and is dating Victor Kiriakis. Loved her reaction the the money too, lol.

And wow... The Kate/Sami scene was really, really good. Kate pushing her to open up and Sami letting her in. It does speak volumes about how crappy it is Sami has nobody in her life to turn to that she opens up to Kate, but you could also tell kate cared. Nice play by bringing up how Kate has helped Sami recently. I actually really like this new dynamic. The Vivian/Nicole scenes were also nice. and LOL at Rafe calling his penis the big gun.

Archived