GH: March Discussion Thread

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I watched GH for years dear, and used to comment on the show semi-regularly. Since I've given up all US soaps in recent years, my presence on this particular forum has been limited.

And no one is yelling at you, the only problem I see is you being pissed off at the same thing over and over again (Bobbie or Monica's absence). After a while, I can see why others in this thread are fed up with having the same discussion over and over again, especially in regards to characters that mean absolutely nothing to the current interpretation of the show and aren't even on the show much or at all anymore.

No one is attacking you, they've just accepted that Bobbie and Monica mean nothing to the show anymore, and that won't change, it's been the case for nearly a decade already.

As for attacking Jackie, she brought it all on herself with that horrible plastic surgery. She looked just fine before she started doing all that to her face. It's better to age naturally than look like some alien woman. It's no one's fault but her's for the way she looks on camera. And that might be one of the reasons they never use her anymore on the show.

• Members

Oh the comment wasn't meant to be snarky or mean. I really just didn't know you watched GH. I don't think I ever saw you post in the thread since I joined in November 2009. And because of your username, I assumed that you only watched Y&R and ATWT. I didn't mean it rudely, so my apologies.

Also, the yelling at me comment just came out weird. That's why I edited it. It didn't come out how I meant it. I understand why people would be frustrated. But I also don't see why it's unreasonable to think that certain characters would be involved in this storyline. Also, Monica and Bobbie's absences are not the only thing that upsets me about GH. Everything about GH upsets me. LOL!

And as for Jackie....Why does it matter what she looks like? She is still Bobbie. And maybe it has affected her acting ability, but I believe Jackie could do just fine with material, should it be given to her.

The mentality that people who aren't extremely attractive can't be seen on camera is probably the EXACT mentality that pushes these women to do these drastic surgeries.

Oh and, TOTALLY off topic, but Hunter Tylo has botched her face pretty damn bad but yet she's used all the time. It's just GH.

I agree. That's all I was asking for. Some acknowledging of history.

• Members

Michael named like 5 places Abby could find jobs at, those places would quickly hire him as well...so why is he trying to join the mob & be like his gummy bear mobster dad? rolleyes.gif

Todays show was extra boring with a side of paint to watch dry. Carly/Shawn are sexy & Michael/Abby are always great, wonder what his response will be to her asking him to come to her apartment...

• Members

Unfortunately for Jackie, this is ABC Daytime and GH is a show run and dominated by men. We live in a very visually geared age, so someone with her current looks isn't seen as marketable. It's a sexist and ageist world, it's sad, but true.

B&B is a different ballgame, it's not like Susan Flannery and John McCook have aged that well either...

GH gave up on its history years ago. I don't expect that to ever change as long as they current team is in place.

• Members

she was dropped when the writers stopped giving a damn about Elizabeth. All that build up for the DNA switch storyline seemed to have been for nothing once BH returned from her pregnancy. Im sure JFP wanted to fire her last year but then BH got knocked up and it would be in poor taste to fire yet another pregnant woman, so she held off.

Archived