Camelot: Starz new series

EricMontreal22

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Now that you have seen episode 7 that thread is safe. ;) I guess HBO didn't care about this week's ratings since its a holiday and they decided to release the episode early. Notice that Starz doesn't show original episodes on holiday weekends. I think HBO is catching on to the idea that these shows are viewed in so many different ways that buzz is more important than the numbers. Must be a nice position to be in.

• Members

Yeah, my cable provider doesn't offer HBO GO. I think this is the only time they are releasing an episode of GoTs early on HBO GO, but I'm not sure. I follow the show on twitter though and they seem to be indicating it's a one time thing to get people using the service.

• Members

<object id="player" width="425" height="344" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" ><param name="movie" value="http://www.videobb.com/e/XLcgUrSgFxk2" ></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" ></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.videobb.com/e/XLcgUrSgFxk2" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• Members

Thanks Q. That was a decent episode. I thought Merlin/Igraine were kind of cute when she said she wished she had been there when they hooked up.

This show is overall uneven though. I think it's decent, but if it gets a season 2, they need to step it up. Right now, I'm not sure why I'm supposed to be rooting for Arthur. He's kind of an ass.

• Members

Good point. He did put himself on the line. Merlin would have been pissed. I really expected Leontis to die in this episode. I feel like this show has potential, but it isn't quite living up to it. I heard that this show has a similar budget to GoTs, which I hope is not true. Something about this show just seems smaller. I feel like the stakes aren't that high.

If you are into Sci-Fi you might want to check out the promo I posted in the Falling Skies thread. Steven Spielberg is behind the show and it looks like it has potential. A better version of "V" perhaps.

• Members

<object id="player" width="425" height="344" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" ><param name="movie" value="http://www.videobb.com/e/5mVuZpxcxXuP" ></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" ></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.videobb.com/e/5mVuZpxcxXuP" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I think this must be the final episode. After you watch it, I will give my comment on it. Tell me what you think about how they wrapped everything up.

• Members

Hi Q. Thanks again for posting this season online. Do you think the show will get a season 2 or do you think it failed? I haven't seen anything in the press. I liked it enough to hope for a season 2, but it never lived up to it's potential.

I'm really sad that Igraine died. I was hoping that Merlin would save her. I liked the actress. I also liked the reveal that she saved Morgan from her father all those years ago.

I knew Leontis was going to die, but it still pissed me off. He was a good guy and better than Arthur deserved. At least until the very end. I agree that Arthur redeemed himself.

Then when Gwen showed up at his door, I was thinking what a bitch. She can't even mourn her husband for a few weeks? And then what a twist! I never saw that coming, that is for damn sure. I really don't know what Morgan was thinking? OK, now she may give birth to a Pendragon, but how is she going to explain that to the people? I doubt they would just welcome a baby born a bastard and from incest as King. I wantt a season 2 just to see what she has to say for herself.

I posted a thread on a show called Magic City, which is Starz latest. You might want to check it out. It looks like it might be good.

• Members

They haven't announced a second season. I can't put my finger on exactly what was wrong with this show but there was something wrong with it. Yhe casting of Arthur was a little strange, and he was the weakest in the whole show. Then, it always seemed so empty and sparse. It just looks like everything was tried to be done on the cheap. And then I think the story had serious problems. There was little to no intrigue or twists. Morgan announces at the beginning she will become queen, and then she tells us how she will attempt it, then we watch the attempt fail? That seems to be the whole show. The nun told that guy two weeks ago to go kill Arthur, and we have been watching an obvious failed attempt ever since.

I did like her death, but it's back to the whole empty and spare thing with her. Look at how her death compares to any death on Spartacus, even ones outside the arena. Just more drama and more oomph.

Morgan always gives birth to little Morded and then years from now he goes against Arthur, but I think they went for this too soon. And there was something strange about how he felt so guilty about sleeping with his friend's wife, but was willing to sleep with her again the very night they buried him?

• Members

Yes he was and imo that was the problem for me.

Not too mention Merlin who I thought had powers but seemed to be duped by Morgan on a regular basis, some balance wouldve been nice.

Havent seen the last show, it's on my DVR, but knew Liantis would die and not surprised Igraine dies

• Members

Yeah, I agree. They had a chance to do a really good show with lots of darkness and intrigue, but it ended up being pretty flat and sort of mediocre. There are so many good shows on cable right now, I guess you can't win them all.

I agree. Merlin was pretty useless in all of this. I like the actor, but he ended up being a lame character. Morgan and Merlin should have been engaging in some sort of dark magical war. No such luck.

Archived