Camelot: Starz new series

EricMontreal22

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Just found out this was canceled, lol--late I know. I admit, I lost interest around Ep four. It's too bad--it LOOKED great, had some good casting, and an itneresting take on the legend, but it just didn't quite work. It's airing on CBC here in Canada this fall and I may watch what I missed, but I suspect only if nothing else is on. It also was prob done in when Game of Thrones, which would get a similar audience, came on the scene - though if it was brilliant it obviously could have stood on its own.

• Members

Do you really think so? The shows aren't really that similar. I know, both set in middle ages type setting or is the Camelot legend taking place in the Dark Ages? Either way, they never felt that similar to me. And I always thought that if one show in a genre is successful, that's sometimes increases the odds for similar shows? All I know is I really wanted this to work, but it never quite got to where it needed to be, except possibly towards the end.

• Members

Well Iw as parroting back what I read in Ent Weekly and the NYTimes about it - they all seem to think the combo of Borgias/Camelot/Game of Thrones was a bit too much for viewers who would like that kinda steamy costume drama. Now, I'm not even sure Borgias should go there, and the fantasy costume drama is quite different, and of course Camelot and Thrones are VERY different in tone. But... I think to many casual viewers deciding what to watch they did get a bit muddled together.

I know friends who watch and follow tv far far less than me, kinda seemed to feel they should pick and choose one, and Camelot came off as less compelling to Thrones. (actually I had a number of friends who prefered Camelot at first to Thrones, I suspect cuz Thrones is kinda hard to get your bearings with at first till you learn the characters) and then quickly lost interest in Camelot, as I did.

Camelot getting the weakest of the reviews of those shows also probably didn't help.

When it airs on CBC here I think I will watch the remaining episodes, but I'm not in a big rush.

Archived