OLTL: Discussion for the week of February 21

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Carmen LoPorto was perfect in the role of Todd's son. I loved him. I can't believe they're SORASing Jack for this Shane storyline, which I highly suspect will suck, given the characters involved. I'm still going to give the new Jack a chance of course. Also why is Jack still younger than Dani? :rolleyes:

• Members

Hmm. I can't say that I was as attached to CL as some of you were, but if they *insisted* upon making Jack the bully and Shane the victim, I do see the necessity to recast. But that raises a few questions... what if they'd made nice boy Shane the bully and demon seed Jack the victim (because I can totally see that in my head), kind of threw the predictability of those characters for a loop? They could have also moved Shane up into the Matthew/Destiny/Darren realm of storytelling and (from my lips to God's ears) given him another s/l, and given CL Jack someone to bully closer to his age, say, a SORASED (like 11 or 12 year old) Zane? OLTL has set a precedent for fudging with ages which I have mixed feelings about. You can kinda hardy-har-har laugh it off because they're quick to poke fun at themselves about it, but at the same time it's not like they should be under the false impression that they can get away with anything just by being "cute".

• Members

Tess was on fire again, so many good lines, the best was the one about clearing the browser history.

Only Roxy would leave all her cash in the salon overnight.

Dorian and Echo never fail to impress. Echo getting rid of Dorian by saying there was a cockroach on hilarious. Dorian bumping into Kelly and thinking she was some random person at first was funny too.

John was pathetic again and Natalie needs to move on.

Starr was good today, she suspected Tess was out rather quickly and it's always good when characters are written as having at least some smarts.

• Members

Yeah, I like that Starr was quick to come up with that but I'm still confused to how Langston knows nothing about the Tess history.

Sometimes I "step out" of the drama for a second and think, "Wow, this is Robin Strasser/Erika Slezak and Kim Zimmer... cool." I'm so glad she got this gig. Dorian's clothes are so hit or miss. When she wears that hat and coat she reminds me of the kooky older lady who shows up to auditions or casting workshops who you look at and think, "Well bless her heart."

I think a little of Roxy can go a very long way which is a shame because they don't use her that often and when they do she tends to be too much for me. -_-

• Members

I have to say, I am loving Echo/Charlie/Viki....I thought bringing Echo back was the most random WTFery ever at first, but it has really worked out nicely.

Also did anyone notice something really weird today. When Natalie and John were talking, and Natalie stormed out, she got up and walked all the way across the room to the door. Then when she walked out the door, the camera panned to show John sitting in the same spot, on the same couch, in front of a window right next to the door.

Did i totally imagine that?

Archived