OLTL: Discussion for the week of February 21

• Members

She was kinda OTT from the start when we saw glimpses of her in a bar all tarted up and preening for the camera, but when she met Nash at Tavern on the Green, yeah, she was more "real".

xtr, thank you, I know he's going through something but they could have at least made Matthew look good by having him tell those kids to lay off or something.

I like that we got to see so many people today, what I don't like is that it all gets kind of jumbled and not enough time is spent with each before it's another week or two before we see them again.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ha, I'd like to think that too :lol: but I think it has more to do with the writers saving face from negative fan reaction, they don't wanna come across as the Ford worshippers that they are and they feel the need to take him down a notch or two through Tess' comments. Like I was saying yesterday, it's manipulative though because 1. the Ford lovers will sympathize with him being dissed and 2. Tess is dissing him now so it's not too obvious from the start and it looks like she has the upper hand, but you know she's gonna fall for him and they'll be bumpin' uglies in a matter of weeks.

• Members

Yeah they do. In today's society it doesn't take much for kids to get incessantly bullied. Today's kids are brutal however this is not a storyline I want to see. OLTL does not do social storylines well and it's episodes like today that showcases how weak OLTL is.

Vicki needed to STFU because Clint was right. Jessica was fine when she learned Ford was the father. Tess emerged because of Natalie and Brody's lies which she all too happily swept under the rug. Vicki the hypocrite strikes again.

Ford and Tess are BORING. They're such a buzz kill. It seems they keep repeating the same scenes ad nausem. Tess is no longer fun. She's just an annoying slutty little twirp with zingers that fall flat.

Watching Mathew treat Destiny like crap is painful. Minority characters just can't catch a break.

• Members

Andrew Trischitta was very awkward and stiff. I hope it's just a first day thing.

They really want us to know how little they (or, in the case of Matthew, I think ABCD) value Matthew and Destiny, and how much we're expected to hate Matthew and love Old Man Nate.

• Members

Llanview should be the home-schooling capital of America. This is the third story about kids being bullied and no one (except Marcie, for one or two scenes) caring.

If Clint really cared about Jessica he would put her ass in a clinic under constant supervision and never let her leave. A hangnail makes her turn into Tess.

• Members

The teen bullying storyline is off to a bad start IMO. Beating up a kid whom everyone in that h.s. knows is a cancer survivor because he uses an inhaler? Really, Ron? Really?

Matthew has no room to feel superior to anyone. Not when his beloved boss/Uncle Clint's face and "shenanigans" have been the talk of the town and all over Llannet for days. What was the point of having Destiny on? What a waste. Matthew was enough of a prick to his own cousin.

Viki didn't go far enough when she ripped into Clint for his Buchanan greed and cold-hearted selfishness. It was finding out about the lie by Clint's bio-daughter Natalie that brought Tess out again. Last week, father and daughter were laughing at how much alike they were as Buchanans and the bad guys in this mess. Very glad that Viki didn't let cowardly Clint get away with blaming it all on Brody. He didn't even know about the Buchanan girl's lie.

Clint apparently used Bozo T. Clown, Esq. to set up Buchanan trusts for his grandsons. I was listening to the terms and LMAO. Everything is done for a cheap laugh. They're trying to make Ryder's conception into an "inside joke" that Ford raped ECT'd mentally-ill Jessica. But it was really *wink* *wink* mentally-ill Jessica's alter "Tess" who popped out for a few seconds. I'm not laughing. :jeal0002:

• Members

I thought Kevin was presented as a good, flawed guy. The show just wants us to see Matthew as an a$$hole.

As long as Matthew isn't raping in the name of love or causing various murders and attempted murders, he might as well feel morally superior.

Archived