OLTL: Discussion for the week of February 21

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And yet he's still inexplicably shirtless at every given opportunity. :rolleyes: I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to make us feel sorry for Ford when Tess takes ab-jabs at him. "Awww, you're giving him a complex. :( " :rolleyes:

JPL did that thing again where he teeters on throwing the heavy scene by relying on the gimmicky choices.

Well, I have enjoyed John giving Natalie the business.

• Members

Echo, you are an idiot for leaving a VM.

Rex, you are an idiot for tipping Clint your cards. Ha, you might not even make it down to your car messing with Clint like that.

"We'll take showers, we'll have that dress burned..." :lol:

• Members

I just keep thinking, "Isn't this the whole point of their relationship?" Natalie is a loser and can't compare to noble John.

The problem is he is a failure of a character on his own, IMO, which is why they had to kill Jared off in the first place.

• Members

Yeah. Now he's being the kind of prick I wanted him to be at the church.

Shallow note maybe it's because I watched on TV instead of computer but MA's hair is lovely. I like the color she's using. (Although with a shade that bright you need to keep the roots touched up.)

• Members

Re: Carl, You may be right, but admittedly, I fell for whatever they were selling today helped by the utterly desperate and pathetic way MA played Natalie's material. It's like she elicited every smack in the face response that she got from him. And like you were saying earlier about Kelly, the way GT so cooly reacted to upset Natalie, it was like her own track record for infantile behaviour was at least momentarily forgiven as she handled a dirty situation with a degree of guilt, responsibility, and maturity. A lot of yo-yo'ing going on, which can be good storytelling when it's life-like and not agenda driven. Of course the "problem" is that John and Jessica are the "innocent" ones here so we can't really resolve this with a "what goes around comes around." All of his lame hemming and hawing with Marty, he gets a pass for being "a good guy, just trying to do the right thing" or whatever. Jessica of course is crazy.

• Members

I just wish these stories were not about games - over and over the games and the propping come at the expense of any storytelling or balance. It reminds me of the awful KAD mess a few years ago where poor Talia was murdered just to include John in the story.

I'm going to put the Liberace article in the Y&R thread later today, if I can find it, BTW.

• Members

I liked the John and Natalie scenes. Very intense. I was worried she was going to KISS his ass, but instead she gave it a nice KICK. I prefer feisty Natalie over guilty Natalie. MA and ME were really good.

WOOHOO!! People know that Tess is out. Thank GAWD. Last time Tess came back, everyone was in the dark for months. It was boring and stupid. I hated it. This time I can take Tess being out for a little bit as long as the people around her know it and she isn't pulling the wool over everyone's eyes.

They are deliberately writing Charlie into a corner. I don't like the guy, but it's a little too obvious they want to get rid of the character. He soberly cheated on Viki with Echo and all because he found out Rex wasn't really his son? Comparing it to losing Jared?! REALLY? Charlie thought Rex was his son for 2 minutes.

Clint and Rex scenes were pretty good, although Rex was rather tic-ish.

Archived