OLTL: Discussion for the week of February 21

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why doesn't anyone tell Todd to shove it when he's rude to them? I can't stand that.

I hate to say it, but Blair and Tomas are really boring me. I get that the writers do not want to give Blair another "evil" love interest, but the guy needs something wrong with him. He's too perfect and not even in a mysterious sort of way either. He and Blair are so sickeningly sweet to each other. It's like a more mature version of Bordy and Jessica. I see no sexual tension, no excitement, nada. Also, sketching pictures of her on napkins? Zzz. I've seen Cristian do that 100 times. Blair's romances need spice. So far this one is completely bland. I'm disappointed.

Previews: Is John going to sleep with Echo too!? :lol:

• Members

Tea is always cavalier about Todd's abuse of people, as long as it doesn't affect her. Rape, stealing children, killing unborn children, murder - it's all just hot stuff and noble martyrdom to Tea. Ron Carlivati certainly knows her character well.

But to be fair to Tea, the show rigorously whitewashes any of Todd's actions, especially from 2008. Viki also can't get very upset about what he did, and actively encourages him in new ventures. I guess the show feels if everyone acts A-OK about his behavior then that means it's great.

• Members

It makes Vicki a hypocrite because what Brody and especially Natalie did was arguable worse than what Clint did and when Natalie confessed she acted like Natalie confessed to having her period. She has every reason to be upset at Clint but considering she instantly forgave Natalie and automatically swept her lies under the rug, getting up in Clint's face calling him a monster and wailing she doesn't know who he is smacks of hypocrisy.

• Members

Perhaps she was supportive of Natalie because Natalie was obviously distressed and remorseful, and Viki didn't feel like kicking her while she was down. Viki did

express anger at Natalie when telling Charlie what happened. Clint is upset that the truth came out, but really hasn't expressed remorse for his actions and

arrogantly and defiantly maintains that he was just doing what was best for the family.

• Members

Cheap, how about she's hypocritical in her bias :lol:

Please. Natalie was distressed because John left her ass at the alter. Not because she was remorseful about her lies. She would have continued lying if she could have gotten away with it. Just like Clint, she excused her lies for the purpose of being what's best for the family. One denied his child and the other passed hers off as her husband's knowing it was her sister's boyfriend. I'll reiterate since it was shown on screen, Tess emerged because of Natalie's lies NOT Clint's. Vicki laying everything at Clint's feet while giving Natalie a free pass just for the hell of it continues to be ridiculous.

• Members

Natalie's lies actually were for the best. John is back to his usual pathetic mopey manwhore self, and Jessica has gone crazy yet again.

While I hate Rex and appreciate any effort to deny him, Clint's schemes against Rex (and David) had little purpose or motivation.

Archived